Shitbox

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Twizz, May 7, 2007.

1. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

Well, I finally got my long awaited first vehicle.

It's a 1997 Ford Aerostar Cargo Van, 313k on the tach, very beaten up, and it's all mine. Ever since I got it, I've been blazing in it everyday in my driveway (I still need to get my G2). We ended up calling it the shitbox because it's a piece of shit and well... the name just stuck. It won't be a piece of shit for long though, I just got a system for it... Conisisting of :

three 10" JL Audio Subs (Boxed)
    two 6" Alpine Mids (With tweets)
    two 4" Infinity mids
    two 1.5" Infinity tweets
    Clarion deck
    500W Amp (still shopping)

Should end up sounding pretty fuckin good when I'm done. I'm also changing the rear fibreglass barndoors for a large up-swinging one.

Tell me about your stoner rides!

2. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

thats sick dude. 3 10's? might as well buy 2 15's ;) but JL audio is pretty good. my favorite subs have to be Alpine though. and god damn man those are some big speakers. if you dont mind eBay, i have a good store i bought some subs off of.

http://stores.ebay.com/AUDIOSAVINGS-ELECTRONICS-SUPERSTORE_W0QQsspagenameZL2QQtZkm

dont fall for the cheap brands that is if you know your cheap brands to your good brands. i have a 2 channel 500w Alpine amp for my speakers , and a mono block 1500w Alpine amp for my subs. i have 2 10's and they sound amazing.

3. gaum

gaum Elephant Orgy

paint that sucker! black with flames

4. killswitchjd

killswitchjd Senior Member

3 subs (boxed)

lol, of course subs are boxed....

5. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

meaning boxed together in the same box.

6. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

i rock all alpine stuff in my ride, got everything, mids,tweets, 6X9's on the back tunnel cover, and then 1 Type X 12" with a Apline V12 amp

imo 500watts isnt gonna be enough to power your setup

7. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

Be happy for what you have. Some of us don't even have cars since we trashed them :(

8. Nitrusx

Nitrusx Banned

I pawned mine for a sack :(

9. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

well who's fault is that?

10. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

The guy who ran into me. lol But for real...it is his fault.

11. jimaug87

jimaug87 Member

I sold my car and bought a motorcycle.

Congradualations on the new ride, I hope it all goes well for ya.

12. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

then how come you dont have another ride?

13. shuablazed

shuablazed Member

I've always wanted a van man. It sounds sick.

I drive a beat old mecury sable. Fuses blow all the time and she stalls out alll the time, but I still love Sally Sable.

14. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

Yeah I'm actually thinking of getting maybe a 500w and another 1000w amp... They're cheaper on ebay than I thought.

I love JL though, they're the ultimate in clean crisp smooth sound... It's uncomparable to anything else I've ever heard.

Also, the magnets on the alpine mids are HUGE, they're like 4 inches thick (I think, I haven't seen them for a while... I'm getting the whole setup within a month!)

15. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

AND WHY ISNT ANYONE POSTING PICS OF THEIR RIDES?

block out the licence numbers and the background or whatever lol... you're a bunch of paranoid stoners man, hahah.

p.s. I need to get batteries for mine (gettin em soon) so I'll post em up within a week hopefully.

16. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

I've got a gold 1996 Grand Marquis's with some nice tints, It has its problems like any older car but it rides so nice and the inside is like a damn couch. I put a new alpine deck and speakers in it a while ago but it really needs a small sub to complete it.

17. 40oz and chronic

i put pics of my car on here but i havn't took one of my system. i should go do that now

18. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

WHeres the pictures of your car 40oz?

19. 40oz and chronic

20. gaum

gaum Elephant Orgy

ill post some pics of my ride once i put my rims on. i just bought a set of used 17" konig's with tires from a friend of mine for 100 bones. theres only a dent in one and the tires only have 1000 miles or so on them, so not a bad deal at all.