shipping herb

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by dutchblood87, May 8, 2011.

1. dutchblood87

dutchblood87 Member

So my dog is going on vacation to another state in a month or so, and has find a source for some herb on craigslist. My dog has terrible glaucoma, MS, HIV, and uh, back pain, i guess. Anyways, in this grand ol' state of indyfuckingana, it is illegal for my dog to possess buds, blah blah blah.

Anyways....my dog was thinking about getting one of those flatrate shipping boxes and after taking pictures, sending about a z of buds through film canisters with a nice little note saying it contained film, don't xray my shit (b/c woof, there is ganja in here, woof woof).
    Anyways, think it's okay for my dog to do this?

Ps. my dog is talented and figured good ground up buds vacuum sealed would help, and dog food or some shit.

Peace

2. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

Vacuum pack aint enough and useless anyway if you contaminate the out packing by touching it after handling herb. Wrap wrap wrap wrap and wrap again using clean gloves that have never touch any drugs between each layer. Last wrapping with coffee and finally splattering the out side in after shave. works in the uk.

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I have a friend who mailed herself some herbs. Where she was going it was much less tolerated then back home, but she was very careful about the smell, she used special bags, but she manage to ship a few Oz's. Proceed with caution,

4. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

the odds of finding an oz or less are astronomical....the postal service is full of morons and lazy people..i have never done anything special and i have never had anything go missing

5. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

And thiefs if they smell herb they would.nt think twice about having it away.

Think the trick is not to make a habit of it so ya down to luck of the draw.

6. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

a question about mailing herb, might as well put it in the same thread:

my friend recently moved out east and can't find a source for weed out there, so a friend was talking about mailing him a few grams by putting the bag of weed in a bag of coffee grounds and then shipping it in a box to him.

the package will be shipped using a fake name and return address, and the guy receiving the package won't know that its coming (it's going to be a surprise).

my question is this: on the small chance that the postal service finds it and notifies the police, will my friend who is receiving the package be at risk?

7. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

anyone?

8. dutchblood87

dutchblood87 Member

they will likely confiscate it before knocking on your friends door. but also depends on where your friend lives

9. Superexcretor

Superexcretor Guest

1) you want to use USPS. They need a warrant to open your box. FedEx and UPS do not. 2) You want to conceal the smell. All carriers use dogs these days. Dryer sheets, plastic food wrap, etc will not work with dogs, as they can easily "smell through" any masking odor. Think of it like this: a dog's world is populated by and dominated by odors, much like our world is dominated by what we see. Trying to mask an odor with another odor fools not the dog - it would be like trying to hide a color from a sighted person by putting a different color next to it. An example of this that any dog owner should know is poop sniffing and butt sniffing. Do you imagine that dogs sniff butts and poop because they like the stench? No, they are merely identifying the dog that laid the poop. Glands in the dog's anus lace their poop with an odor unique to that specific dog. Dogs build a map of their dog neighborhood by sniffing the butts of all the other dogs they encounter and when they sniff a poop pile they know which dog had been there to lay it because they can smell the glandular excretion from the guilty dog in the pile. So ANY dog can smell minute amounts of this glandular excretion mixed in with overpowering poop stench - something that would make a human wretch (Rush Limbaugh, O'Reilly, and Hannity being the exceptions. They are used to smelling the shit that is constantly dribbling from their mouths). Do you think you can fool such an animal with dryer sheets or pepper? I don't, and you can't. 3) If you want to protect your stash from dogs, you need an odor ELIMINATING bag. Pot smell easily leaches through Foodsaver bags and the like. If you don't believe me, try this simple experiment: Wrap some stinky weed in a Foodsaver bag. Put it in a new, airtight plastic box for a few days. Open the box. You will smell the weed. Easily. To ship, I protect myself by using the Gonzo Bag, which at $45 for a 1.5 lb capacity bag is cheap insurance. It uses activated charcoal (AC) in double walled sandwich design bag. The AC absorbs 100% of the odor and traps it inside the bag. Try the same experiment as above with the Gonzo Bag. You won't smell anything but plastic box even a month later. You can order them online at www.gonzobags.com. I think they have 3 or 4 sizes now for different prices