Sheltered, well-fed, neutered cat gets a taste of the outdoors

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by Death, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

This is my cat, Tang. He is a big fat cat, and we try to keep him on a diet, but he still gets fatter..

He doesn't get out much, and when he does, he doesn't even leave the back porch much, and has NEVER been out of the yard except to the car for trips to the vet. It's interesting to see his reaction to birds he sees and doesn't quite know how to hunt.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmC_lgVXOns"]Tang is chirping at the bird on the wire - YouTube

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

you have a cool cat Death..

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Cute! I had a cat that chattered at birds...like her teeth were chattering.

4. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I've know two cats who did something similar to lure curious birds closer......

5. Death

I wish his meows uploaded better.. they came out great on the raw mp4

6. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I wish I could see the youtube. But my indoor only cat, Brownie, LOVES to sit in the open window, watch the birds and chatter or make these strange sounds while he's opening and closing his mouth. Someone told me it's the way they "practice" what they would do if they get hold of (kill) the bird.

7. Death

yea ive seen other cats do it, but they all have their unique way of twitching lol.

thanks everyone. Tang is rediculously photogenic, even if he is working on the morbidly part of obese.

8. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

Haha don't worry I am also owned by a little fatty who likes to eat, sleep and only wants to go outside for about 20 minutes of every day. :p

9. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

My cat Jewel is a little adventurer since I found her in a garbage can. She hates crows, but loves other birds. She sometimes brings me dead rats and mice, shes a good kitty. She accidentally scared away a robin pair of parents, and she watched the babies die, she seemed very sad when they died :(