shaving

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by cardamom, Jul 27, 2006.

1. cardamom

cardamom Member

Ladies -- do you shave (or wax)? If so, why? If not, why?

2. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

Id choose the first, but I dont shave my arms :confused: and I dont wax my bikini, I just take a razor to keep it neat/less wild. And I do it because i like it, not because someone tells me hair is awful etc etc etc.

3. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

no, I do not shave or wax anything. It hurts too much and leaves my skin red, itchy, and bumpy, and my hair grows so fast that I would get a 5 o'clock shadow by noon anyway. But I voted other because I do pluck certain areas like my eyebrows, and I trim others short, like my armpits.

4. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

Armpits only for me. Ocassionally my legs when I'm going to have a hot night with my fiancee for "effect" lol.

I know he loves it when my legs are smooth against him. Otherwise I don't shave them though.

I will NEVER shave my crotch ever again. I've tried in the past, and all it did was make me itch uncontrollably...NOT worth it.

I hate plucking so sometimes I shave in between my eyebrows because I grow a little unibrow lmao.

I actually used to be really insane about shaving... I shaved every inch of my body...my arms, armpits, legs, crotch, and even the tiny almost non-existent hairs on my face and my torso.

I realized it was ridiculous and stopped.

I soon just became comfortable with having hair on my body... And I only shave my pits because I have a terrible issue with sweating, and it gets really gross when I have hair there... but I must say, the hair didn't bother me.

In the winter time I can go without shaving my pits for a long time... but in the hot summer I just cant do it.

5. HappyJoy

HappyJoy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I put armpits and legs but I also shave my ..... about once a week, it just makes me feel cleaner for some reason.

6. Schnuti

Schnuti Member

i am shaving everything thats mentioned, but i d prefer to go for a laser thing one day.

7. Freebird_

Freebird_ Member

I really didn't want to start shaving my legs because then I would have to shave them often, but there is really something about the smooth skin on your legs that boys like very much [​IMG]

8. PurpleMapleTree

PurpleMapleTree Member

i usually wax, everything. legs, under arms, bikini... the whole 9 yards. it feels so much better, looks nicer. and with wax, you don't have to worry about it for a few weeks. also, i can't shave, because, it really irritates my skin.

9. SilverClover14

SilverClover14 Senior Member

I shave everything because I have really thick, dark, wirey hair all over my body. For the past 6 months I stopped shaving my arms because my mom said if you let it grow back, eventually it will stop looking so thick. No deal. It looks like a man's. :p So I'll be going back to shaving when I go to college. Bleaching is just too much work.

10. Brand New Soul

Brand New Soul Senior Member

I shave everything cause i have dark thick hair. And plus Im not a fan of body hair.

11. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

I wax it all away. the only hair on my body is on my head and eyebrows. I just prefer it that way and I'm one of the few people that doesn't get much pain from waxing.

12. SoggyGranolaMomma

SoggyGranolaMomma Member

I chose 1. but I don't shave my arms (who shaves their arms?!?!?)

Anyway, I do a bikini wax, usually the whole thing bare.

I'm italian and would otherwise look like a sasquatch. Not the look I'm going for. [​IMG] No offense to any sasquatches out there.

I do it because I don't get that nice "pheremone"y scent to me when I've been sweating. Usually, my pits etc, smell a bit like a water buffalo and the last time I checked, even the most natural diggin' down to earth guy had NO desire to fuck buffalo. Although really, I could be wrong, I don't take anything for granted, but none that I know of.

Plus, it lasts a lot longer to wax than shave, and I don't have to deal with any itching, and my normally course hair comes back in downy soft. [​IMG]

13. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

* legs waxed; hurts like hell but easier maintanence in the long run.

* eyebrows waxed; because ultimatly it's less painful/effort (three quick rips, as opposed to taking each hair out one by one).
    * Shave my underarms, but only when I'm going to wear something that actually shows them off. Just get too much agro otherwise.

No way would I do anything else; for the most part no one is going to see so what's the point. My hair is fairly light/fine so it's all good.

14. bad cat

bad cat Member

i sometimes wax armpits.because especially in summer you can be disturbed by the scent of your hair does.but when i go out with my hairy legs i feel much better.i dont hear some mashes of men even if i wear short skirts.and it feels good to feel beautiful girls' and boys' eyes on your legs!!and disgust them:)))

15. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

funny, my armpits sweat and stink much more when I shave them... I guess that just goes to show how different everyone is! :)

16. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

that's why you get boy shorts to swim.
    All body hair is related (biologocally) to sexual maturity.
    I personally would not be a flauntin' my bush.
    Check out the armpits if you want to know if I'm a true redhead!
    or my attitude......

17. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

I said other.

I dry shave my pits because I get razor burn and ingrown hairs if I don't shave them dry. I have sensitive skin and it's strange that this is the only thing that works. Anyway, in the winter I never shave my legs. There's just no point. I only shave them when I need to, where I need to, and I use body soap. So, sometimes I'll have three or four different leg hair lengths because of the length of my skirt, shorts, capri pants - whatever. I have blonde leg hairs, so I can get away with it without anyone noticing.

I get my eyebrows waxed every month - and I'm looking into laser treatment expenses today actually.

I trim my yoni. I am comfortable letting it grow out - I like it to be soft - but I like to trim it down. It's just so much more cooler and airier down there and easier to keep clean. Right now it's all shaved except for a line. I trimmed it, and used a bikini-line nair type product.

This is an interesting topic for me to think about today. I'm not really committed to any method. Hmmm.

18. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

What are hippies all about if it's not breaking social rules and staying close to nature? It sounds as if the majority here get their ideas on what's attractive out of Cosmopolitan magazine.

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, have a home for the fleas in my HAIR!

19. myself

myself just me

I get all hair on my body off except that on my head!
    When I go to the swimming pool I can't keep that hair on my hands and feet!