Sharing Your Bed

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Duncan, May 29, 2004.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I am from an Anglo-Saxon background (well, let's just say white lower-middle-class American). When I was a pre-teen I shared a bedroom with my older brother. We had one of those daybeds wherein the bottom bed pulled outward and then was raised so that both beds were side by side.
    When I moved out on my own I always slept by myself.
    On a few occasions I have had to share my bed for sleeping space as I do not own a couch. It's generally a mutually agreeable arrangment.
    My question : Have you ever shared your bed with someone with whom you weren't intimate? How long is the longest you would want to do that?

2. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

yeah,
    with a buddy of mine dan,
    we were both drunk and neither of us wanted the floor. i would have wanted it just for the night and it was.

3. joe

joe Banned

i live in a one bedroom apartment with my mother and my brother, The room is mine.
    I sleep on a matress on the floor in my room, while my brother and mom get the couches in the living room, if someone gets uncomfortable we switch places.
    When i was living in my grandmas house during some bad times i had to share a bed with my mother.
    many times to keep my mother from crying herself into depression i often kept her company during the night.

dont bother me

4. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

i've crashed in the bed with friends of mine, no biggie. wouldn't want to do it every night, though. and if the person snores loudly, all bets are off.

i slept in the same bed as my mom forever, due to the fact that we were poor, and had to share a room.

5. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

My almost 2 year old son sleeps in my bed and he hogs all the dang space. :(
    He wakes up alot in the night and cries so its just easier for him and me to sleep next to each other. That way, when he wakes up I can just hug him and tell him its ok and he goes back to sleep. My youngest will prob start climbing in soon too and then I'll be pushed on the floor every night.

6. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i remember when i was in elementary school, probably up until 3rd or 4th grade, i would wake up at 7:00 and then climb into my parents bed with them until 7:30. i really can't remember the reason why i did that but i did.

and with my friends, if its just for the night, who cares.

7. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Shared it with lots of family members, mostly in my immediate family 'cause there were only 2 bedrooms for 5 people at our house when we were younger. I kinda miss it, actually. Beds weren't made to sleep in alone.

8. BigBong

BigBong Member

i have shared beds a good bit.. i am not homophobic lol

Like some one said.. It usually just really drunk and not wanting the floor.. on a big bed of course..

Also when i played select soccer, we traveled like twice a month.. I have had to share beds with my teammates and shit.. as well as my brother..

9. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I've had my own bed since I was 2. And my own room since I was 7.

I have slept with others during sleep overs. It's been so many years I can't remember that last time I slept in the same bed with someone of the same sex.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i've never been able to sleep well in the same bed with anyone of any age or gender unless they were small and nonhuman. other things perhaps, but not sleep. that's why i sleep on the floor in the living room instead of with my wife. so that i can actualy sleep. haven't always had a room that was entirely my own and don't now. but never been able to sleep well in a bed with anyone else in it, other then cats or other small nonhuman creatures.

11. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I have shared beds with friends many times. Like at house parties, when everybody crashes. I once shared a space under a dining room table, no intamacies, just sharing a blanket & pillow. :)

12. freakwentflyer

freakwentflyer Member

When I was 20, my buddy Joel and I found ourselves in a situation where there was only one double bed to sleep in. Neither of us wanted the floor, but even though we had been the best of friends for years, we were both a touch "homophobic". So both in the bed, with the lights out, I layed there for the longest time, unable to sleep. Suddenly, out of the darknesss, I hear Joel say, "Bill".
    "What?" I asked.
    Then he wispered, "let's have a baby".

I laughed my ass off. (Then went to sleep on the floor)

13. random_spontaneosity

random_spontaneosity Member

when my house was being extended i had to share a room with my mum, and my sister. we took it in turns to sleep with each other becase no one wanted to share the bed. even mum argued that she didnt want to share one with us, especially my sister who kicks at you in the middle of the night..... on purpose...and subconciously...

that was hell.

never again.

not even on holiday. must get 3 proper beds. hate my family, cannot share a bed with them ever....

on a lighter note, me and my friends share a bed, it doesnt matter. if we go on a school trip, we share beds, especially if one person is in a different room within hte room, it makes it feel safer. we share beds if someone sleeps over at the last moment and theres no way of setting up another bed or finding somewhere for them to sleep.

14. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Been stuck with a coworker in an overbooked hotel on trips before...just put the extra pillows down the middle.

15. mick_jagger_is_so_hi

mick_jagger_is_so_hi Member

I dont mind sharing a bed with friends. I dont think I could ever share a bed with a family member however.

16. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Yeah, I had to share a bed with my friend Jeff when a bunch of us went to Phoenix, AZ for spring break. This was before he moved there and got his own place, so we were all in a hotel room. We didn't do the pillow thing, but he slept on top of the covers and I slept beneath them. But he's the loudest and proudest gayest of gay, so it's not like he would have tried anything anyway. lol

17. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

What is lower middle class? (I thought since you brought it up I should post this in your post instead of making a new one.) I come from an upper-middle class family and I don't understand the classes too much. What is the pay scale for the classes? I understand there is poor, middle, and rich but there are 3 classes of middle. I've never heard the other two used by people. What do the other two mean? (Not being funny or trying to make anyone uncomfortable but I don't understand why we aren't just middle.)

18. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

Weird...I could have sworn I replied to this post before anyone else did...is it in more than one forum, or am I just going insane? Not that it's such a long trip.

19. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

lol angel, yea, its over in the old hippies forum too.

20. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Don't fret. As a rule I normally don't do things like that, but sometimes there is a generic question that doesn't exactly require it be answered in one particular group. It's posted in Old Hippies and in Gay. Not everyone cruises the various forums and I wanted to get a variety of answers.