Sh!thole Nations

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GeorgeJetStoned, Jan 12, 2018.

1. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Here's the thing, I'm far less concerned with Trump's use of the term than the reason these exist in the 21st century. Like it or not, there are indeed some seriously shitty nations on this planet. I've been to some of them.

They are places where the government is inept, greedy and routinely holds their population hostage with crippling poverty, punitive regulations and even punishing religious domination. In some of them you can expect to find diseases that have been eradicated in most of the modern world, pollution on a scale that makes birth defects and lung illnesses seem normal.

So why is this still happening? Well one explanation might be that we in the modern/western world have for decades been attracting the best and brightest people from many of the nations that simply could not afford to lose them. This presentation is a dramatic illustration of how this situation has come about and how unlikely it will be resolved anytime soon.

We are all to some degree responsible for the sheer hopelessness of it all. Consider what our earbuds, long-life lithium batteries and power-centric cultures are doing to MOST of the people on earth. In my opinion, it's a waste of time to whine about Trump's harsh language, something I've expected from him for decades already, and it only serves to deflect attention from any discussion about why we still have shithole nations at all.

Cashtwenty2 and 6-eyed shaman like this.
  2. deleted

deleted Visitor

who give a shit-hole.

3. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

It's so funny to see the bewildered and the self righteous, that don't realize that everyone must learn the lessons, or repeat the class...over and over and over...And every time one is reincarnated, it's in a lower class of dummies. The way karma works, is like Hitler, will be reincarnated thousands of times as those he made suffer. Trump too. He thinks he's a genius, and can't even realize his fate. Like Hitler, he thinks it's all gold. Surprise!

ZenKarma and stormountainman like this.
  4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Exactly. Free people vote with their feet and morally ought to go where the opportunities are. That's what you and I do, why should people a continent away be considered any different? Also, shouldn't we want the 'best and brightest' in our No Child Left Behind society?

5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Trump is extremely low class. His whole family is a criminal enterprise-IMO. He needs gotten out of there before everything this country has stood for turns us into--A SHITHOLE. BY THE WAY , NIGERIANS ARE THE BEST EDUCATED CLASS OF IMMIGRANTS TO BE HERE. Not some of the best--the best. This shlub is totally clueless about much of anything. This time, he has really shown us who he is--a racist ignorant, low rent, DUMB, asshole that deserves to be hustling used cars in Fresno and that's where he would be if his daddy hadn't given him a YUUUUUUGE amout of money. I hate fuckers like him that care nothing about anyone but themselves. The short term thinking relative to turning everything into money as fast as possible shows in the staffing of OUR government and is par for the course, though when it comes to repubs. They love him. And people have the gall to keep backing this creep.

6. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

It's a shit-hole World, with localized pockets of civilization. And there's fuck all I can do about it. I don't actively seek to make it worse, but the best I can do is to help myself so that I'm not a problem for other people. If I can help anyone along the way, be that practically, spiritually or just sharing my creativity, I will do so. Just don't ask me to suffer for it, because that's no remedy for the situation.

7. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I am amazed by all the Right Wing Extremists who hate people from other countries! I drove a truck in this country for 36 years and have seen a lot of shit holes right here, and seen all the ones who did not finish the ninth-grade.

8. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

There's a difference between the people from a certain that we accept and the country in which the people came from. If there country is so great tgen why aren't they staying?

9. stormountainman

I drove trucks for a lot of years. There are thousands of places right here which would fit the description of shit hole. There are filthy truckstops and motels full of whores and drug addicts/dealers. There are a few million rich people and hundreds of millions living from month to month, in quasi shit hole conditions. There are millions living homeless on the street...below the shit hole standard...meaning the Haitians got it better because the got a roof with toilet.

Lynnbrown and scratcho like this.
  10. scratcho

( to post 8)--Why did your ancestors come here then? I would assume that they heard about the US and wanted a shot at bettering them selves, like most immigrants that want to come here. One of mine came with Lafayette from France to help run the British out. Decided to stay. There are millions of stories about the dreams of poor, put upon people coming here--to be Americans. Most do and have done OK.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    stormountainman likes this.
  11. stormountainman

Well, Israel just ordered all the African refugees to leave; and, they can't go back to their homelands for fear of being killed. The Palestinians can't go back to Haifa-where they lived for 1500 years-for fear of being killed by the Israelis.

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

What are you doing to improve the nation that you live in?..

13. scratcho

That's why we are different than anyone else, in theory and by constitution. Maybe that's going to change now in a YUUUUge way.

14. stormountainman

Converting people to Zoroastrianism and camping in a popup camper.

jpdonleavy, snowtiggernd and scratcho like this.
  15. stormountainman

We also have a wider diet, because of all the immigrant cooks.

16. scratcho

ooooo--tacos.

stormountainman likes this.
  17. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

18. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

is this a joke?....people leave for lots of different reasons for emmigrating....ask some of the americans who have fled usa....generally accepted that refugees don't have much choice about leaving their country....its leave or die

from wiki

How many Americans live abroad?
    There are no reliable figures on how many Americans live abroad, but a State Department estimate suggests that the number may be between 3 million and 8 million.

Lynnbrown and stormountainman like this.
  19. stormountainman

The Norwegians just sent Trump a message to say they don't want to come to his shit hole.

Eric! likes this.
  20. Kerri

Kerri Members

I think his words are important. It says so much about him. He is an ignorant bigot that has no understanding of the moment he’s in and no respect for human beings or the office of the presidency.

jpdonleavy, Eric!, Lynnbrown and 3 others like this.
  21. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You haven't been by the trailer park up the highway.

Tyrsonswood and tumbling.dice like this.