Sexiest Member Award

Discussion in 'Hip Awards' started by LauraMay, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

sure it does, a lot of people believe any boasting they hear.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm not sure why looking after yourself and being happy with your body or how you present yourself feeds insecurities in other ways. Even if it did, people take pills and medication to treat that about themselves, working on your body and making yourself confident and happy really is a alternative form of medicine.

-shrug-

But it if makes me vain and insecure to rock what I got then call me Irminvainsecure. Unfortunately in most cases, you're the only person who can make yourself happy.

3. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Totally not the point, but I don’t disagree with anything you just said.

4. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Well then i guess i missed your point, whatever it was. But i agree that you shouldn't disagree with anything i say. I'm always right. :p

5. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I don’t know anymore. I’m not entirely certain I had one.

Total Darkness likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Personally I feel like if somebody posts a provocative photo of themselves and your initial reaction is to think they think too much of themselves, then I don't feel the person posting the photo had any insecurities but the person judging them most certainly does as I feel a certain level or degree of insecurity or even jealousy approaches the psyche.

I've read it time and time again mostly from other female the old "oh I would never do that, I don't think much of people that do" lol, like yeah congratulations and good for you. To me the fact you had to voice your superficial reasonings only shows me how insecure you are about it really. Maybe that butt looks better than yours, or you wish you have the motivation to change something about yourself that this girl did, I don't know, but it's a bit judgy to try and put somebody else down about it. They have the confidence and style, good for them. :D

But that's just me. :) keep your butts and selfies alive folks.

Just want to say my post here isn't directed at anybody and I haven't read anything just commenting on what I've picked up so no hard feelings please. :)

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  7. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I agree with this. It does happen especially amongst women.

A person who is confident and boast and comes of as arrogant can provoke others to feel insecure about themselves in which they'll take out on them.

Irminsul likes this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I can also see it happening with guys too like on facebook etc always see ripped guys bodies etc.

Its just the world we live in today with the sexualisation. I admit, I also used to think like that too but not anymore. Now my attitude is - you go girl/guy. You've worked on yourself and nothing wrong with showing it off and receiving a compliment. :)

jmadre likes this.
  9. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I think you're right. When I refer to bragging I am much more referring to someone who goes out of their way to talk about all the things they do that deserve praise.. Not posting their butt or "rocking what they've got". The point is if you rock what chu got, people around you will see and make their own judgements that you're cool/amazing/hot.. Bragging is more vocal, in my mind. This subject has too many subtleties really. I regret getting into it! But I want to make clear I don't look down on people flaunting and strutting.. I was thinking bragging as people who are always talking about how great they are, but don't display the greatness.

jmadre and Irminsul like this.
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I understand. That's why I said it wasn't directed at anyone as I was just skim reading and tbh I wasn't sure who said what. :p

For me personally I think if I was being serious, I'd probably post the photo rather than declare I was attractive or brag in any way. The only time I look at my reflection is usually to see what my hair is doing as it falls to the sides under my akubra and then looks like there's no length at the back. :p

I probably look at a side view of myself in the mirror when I'm in the bathroom probably twice a day, but that's just me checking on my belly lol will it be a water day or some drinks day. :p

And I even look at some the Facebook girls and like dayyum that's a great body etc. but deep down, there's no resentment because whatever my flaws are, are self produced and I also know with enough motivation and effort, I could achieve that too but tbh I like drinking whiskey and I like eating a few slices of pizza and a burger lol.

I feel that slim/skinny shaming is a real thing though.

jmadre and Driftrue like this.
  11. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

No, I don't resent pretty girls anymore, as I did when younger. I feel pretty enough and it's actually very relaxing to accept yourself as you are. My body is pretty great from running/hooping anyway : P see, I can brag!

I was thinking much less about the physical, originally, too. I was imagining someone talking about all the good things they do.. Which always makes me think.. Do you do that to be kind, or because you want praise and credit?

I do prefer modesty in regards to actions. Not "oh well I feed the homeless twice a week and carried an old woman's shopping and.." stuff like that. I've known a few people who like to do that.

YouFreeMe likes this.
  12. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

The world needs more people like you!
    but i always have though.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You've got nothing to worry about, hot stuff. ;)

:)

Driftrue likes this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My younger years teens and 20s I was always annoyed at my breasts lol. Took me a long time to enjoy them and to realise they're perfectly suited to my body. :)

jmadre likes this.
  15. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

^ same. Always wanted bigger.
    Now I'm very happy they're not.

YouFreeMe likes this.
  16. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i'm like that with my testicles......took me a long time to get used to them.....one is slightly larger than the other two

;)

Driftrue likes this.
  17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I still hate my breasts, but my butt makes up for it. And I have no qualms bragging about it because i've done thousands of squats to get it that way and I HATE squats

Well thats my two cents in this discussion haha

I do get annoyed when people brag about their good deeds. It always comes across as self serving and attention seeking

18. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Just reading through.
    How on earth does one judge???

19. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Actually Supernoba is rather sexy.

20. In their own individual way.:grimacing:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.