Sex Offenders Lists

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by YankNBurn, Jun 6, 2006.

1. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

There is a difference between a violent crime and a non violent crime. They should be kept seperated.

2. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

RAPE is not that great a threat, statistically, it constitutes LESS than 3% of all crime and 5% of violent crimes.

As far as molestation, two things to consider:

First, what legally is defined as "molestation" should be taken into consideration. Example: I knew of a 17 year old boy recently sentenced to prison for placing his hand on the ass of a 10 year old. Now, that the boy should be given a good kick in the ass (so to speak) is one thing, but PRISON for an ass squeeze? Am I the only one who thinks that is ludicrous? Am I the only one who thinks that we are getting carried away with this shit? I am sure that ass smack fucked up her life forever... Please. We need to take a real close look at what is truly "harmful to minors". She was a kid and he needed to be dealt with, but not like that. This "getting tough" shit is just getting crazy. We need to "get smart".

Secondly, is there an epidemic of molestation or is there merely a lack of checks and balances? I mean two-thirds of the sexual abuse cases are unfounded or are considered false accusations! But, once accused a person's life is shattered. They are accused, arrested, finger-printed, booked, placed in the jail, placed in the local paper, and some aren't even released on bond until their court date. Sorry to inform everyone too, but Kids lie. I know that's hard to believe, but I've seen it happen too many times around this area. Kids have the capability to actually LIE.

Anyway, this is beside the point.

Sex offenders are referred to as "predators" yet the recidivism rate is 3-13%?? Plus, it is a fact that most people arrested for sexual battery or some other misdemeanor never offend again. Yet, they are considered "predators" and followed with the register for (at minimum) 10 years or more.

The point is not made.

Either have a "Registry" for all violent felons or get rid of the sex registry (which includes some CONSENSUAL acts, as well).

3. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

Not that great a threat? Sorry bud, that's my fault for not wording more specifically. Not more common of a threat, but a more important threat in my eyes. I'm more worried about somebody molesting my neices than stealing my stereo. I'm also more worried about them molesting my nieces than selling them drugs. And I'm pretty sure nobody is going to go out of their way to murder my nieces so I'm also more concerned with them being raped than murdered.

Also, it seems you are dragging non related points into this argument. I will agree that what constitutes molestation and rape should be amended. That wasn't what the argument was about though. Sure that 17 year old kid doesn't deserve prison. Maybe a little time in therapy with suspended sentencing, but he shouldn't serve a day. Nor should he be included in the sex registry. All of this, however, has nothing to do with the fact that actual rapists and molestors deserve to be singled out from the group. Of course that's just my opinion.

4. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Sexual whatever pales in comparison to loss of Life
    period/ dot/ end of subject

5. indescribability

While we've established that things may be differently where you are, I must say that here murder is usually not targeted at small children and defenseless, innocent women. It's usually the result of arguments, gang rivalries, and other such disputes. Rape is not. My 8 year old niece is never going to be targeted by the members of MS13 to be taken out, but she may be targeted by some child molestor around the corner who followed her home from the park. Ya dig?

6. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

now, libertine, you know i love sex. i'm not worried over the statutory rape guys, i'm worried about the ones that rape small children. often, in such cases, the sexual assualt is often just the beginning.

7. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Yall don't have targeted/ planned car thefts/ house breakins/ store robberies where murders are committed during the crimes?
    These murder victims don't include
    defenseless, innocent men/ women/ children?

I don't believe it.

Bottom line?
    I believe you're grossly mistaken.

8. indescribability

The majority of murders do not happen under those circumstances. I am by far not mistaken, just not illustraing my point well enough. More often than not you hear about drug related murders, or the husband killing the family type of thing. It's very rare that you hear of a car jacking resulting in death, and almost as rare that you hear of a burglary resulting in death. Again the majority of reported murders are generally drug related or are domestic affairs, quite honestly. I'm willing to stake a wager that there are more rapes and molestations in the state of Indiana in any given time frame than murders directly resulting from home or auto theft. That is my point.

9. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Enough.
    Obviously yall live in an other world compared to the balance of the US.

I will not waste any time in the verification of your 'facts' unless a need arises.

Good Luck.

10. indescribability

That we do. I mean Indianapolis is the syphalis capital of the united states..... this place has major issues with sex.

11. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

I'll leave it for now simply stating
    I'm relieved you are not responsible for
    my/ my Loved Ones' safety and well being.

Repeating
    "
    Sexual whatever pales in comparison to loss of Life
    period/ dot/ end of subject".

12. indescribability

I never said anything to the contrary. I was saying loss of life isn't as much of a worry to me as sexual predators. Mainly because in my area rape and molestation are more common than murder.

13. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Well, this thread is going no where. I'm not even gonna bother commenting on it anymore because it would just go in circles.

14. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Yep One'd get dizzy.

Now if it was to start spinning in the opp direction...

15. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Yeah, I might end up throwing up. :D

16. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Somehow this comes to Mind...

17. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

Main point -- SEX REGISTRIES are unconstitutional as they are now.

So, either we need to amend the Constitution and update the registry to include ALL violent felons and call it a "Violent Felon Registry" OR we need to do away with the sex registry and only allow the Correctional Database of Offenders for each State to be the "registry" as it is for every other crime.

18. indescribability

I would like to see where the constitution says anything that would make the sex registries unconstitutional.

19. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

At least now you are using the word "violent" :)

I believe very strongly that violent and non violent crimes should be treated differently.

20. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I've sexually offended a few lists in my day. Hehehe.