Sex Offenders Lists

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by YankNBurn, Jun 6, 2006.

1. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Okay I was told the whole point of these lists were for information to make aware to the public the people who are on them in your communtiy.

The point of this is, I was given a link by a friend to look at ones in our little town and there are 7, one is a pretty good looking fairly young female and she got popped for issues with a minor, but what floored me is a certian 4. 1 has an attempted rape and has no real address, just a PO Box, 1 has a kidnapping and statutory rape and has no picture, 1 has a sexual assualt and no picture and actually another has a sexual assualt with picture but lives in family goverment funded apartments around kids and shit.

How can they release ppl without having a physical address or not have current photo of them?

2. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

depends if they served all their time or not. if they are not on parole they are free. Free people are free to be homeless.

3. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

beats me.

there was a guy who got out, and then he appealed his classification on the sex offender list. he wanted it to be lower. so with the appeal going through, he wasn't added to the current sex offender list. so what does he do? he goes to chucky cheese and photographs kids

fucking sick man...just fucking sick

4. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I know a couple people on my local list.....went to school with one of them actually. sick sick people.

5. Xac

Xac Visitor

Im not sure if they have them in Aus ( not that i really care, as i dont have children and none of my family aside my mother lives anywhere near me) but how does one go about getting hold of such a list? do you have to go to the police? is it on the web?

6. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

7. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

our state is on the state patrol web site but sure if you use dogpile and enter something like (your state) sex offender list. It would come up.

8. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

It lists more than child ones, also lists the other types. I just checked because was told about it, does not matter to me either, I have a good deterant system here and both parties know well how to use it.

9. Xac

Xac Visitor

Meh, i was just curious as i said i dont have children and pedo's had their shot with me and failed, it was just a curiousity thing, having it on the net seems probably the best way because that way the predators dont know who knows them.

10. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I just looked at every zip code I ever lived at and let me just say those are some of the scariest people I've ever seen in my entire life. Seriously.

And I didn't recognize any of them.

11. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

We have one African American family living on our street and guess what? The father has been convicted of raping a minor. Fate does not play fair with some people. So much for diversity in this redneck town...

12. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

in the county IM originally from (born and raised) there is a priest who is on the sex offender list. I was there when he was ordained. very sick. he is no longer a priest, though.

13. Xac

Xac Visitor

What is it with priests and sex offences? oh thats right guilt being used to coerce them into an unnatural state of celibacy...

14. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

15. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

a pissed of 17 year old midget ass rapist, scary as hell, but you could just kind of shake him off if you were older than his 11 year old victim

I checked mine and its such a long list i was still in a's freaking out by all the weird people of all ages

16. Xac

Xac Visitor

I wonder what the website for Australia's list? ... hint hint... im lazy some one post it.

17. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I'm really not so certain how I feel about the lists. Certainly, I'd want to know if a neighbor of mine has a violent sexual history, but there are others whom are on these lists, that I personally don't feel deserve being there. I am certain that there are some people on the list that don't belong there. When I was 19, I was dating and slept with someone who was 16. In some states, that constitutes statutory rape, even if it is consentual. Had her parents found out, devote southern baptists, they might have pressed charges.

I used to think these lists were a very good thing, but a horrible tragedy happened in my state a couple of months ago that has given me pause. Some guy actually sought out and murdered a couple of people on the sex offender list here in Maine. The investigation revealed that he looked up 34 people on the list in five towns, including the two victims.

Because of this rare happening, I think its appropriate that the list includes what town the offender lives in, but not necesarilly their address. I feel that most sex offenders are the scum of the earth, but if they've been rehabilitated and allowed back into society, they should be allowed at least a little bit of privacy.

18. lynsey

lynsey Banned

sex offenders deserve no mercy they should be castrated and have to wear an ankle bracelet for life...they have no regard for a child or woman's sexuality why should society have any regard for their testicles or privacy

19. Xac

Xac Visitor

Its harder to make that argument in regards to a 19 year old who sleeps with a 16 year old though.

20. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula