Sewing/Stiching

Discussion in 'Clothes' started by DBuba42, Mar 21, 2008.

1. DBuba42

DBuba42 Member

so yeah i want to learn how to sew but i really don't know where to start
    i was looking at my mom's sewing kit a few weeks ago and i was playing with it; how exactly do you stick the thread in the needles? They have such tiny holes!
    i'm not looking to using a sewing machine i just wanna "stich" (i think that's the term) some patches onto eitheir some slack of mine or jeans. Also i want to stick or sew (whatever it's called) some words onto my slack/jeans. For example (out of the many things i want to do) i would like to sew the dark side of the moon embelem into my pants (not a patch), but i don't know where to start. Or maybe like numbers or something, i'm not quite sure i have many ideas but no idea where to start.

2. DBuba42

DBuba42 Member

no one can help me?
    i just need to know the basics of sewing

3. Hesh

Hesh Member

well that leaf one i made, was my first sewing attempt with thread. whats so hard dude? just grab some thread, a needle... draw the outline or whatever on the fabric. i started with pencil then i went over it with a pen... then i just stuck the needle in and started stitching... :D look around on google. im sure u can find something. that little leaf took me hours! like 4+

4. DBuba42

DBuba42 Member

i'll give it a try later this week or weekend
    sweet looking leaf!
    ill see what i can do
    thanks