Sever Anxiety or Depression or What

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by dodger988, Apr 19, 2007.

1. dodger988

dodger988 Member

I guess it's been going on for awhile but I've finally started to realize how I've kinda stopped enjoying things. I try, but I usually get distracted or seem unable to attach to the enjoyment. It's hard to explain but I just kinda feel a little dead to the world. Nothing seems to be real. The best way to describe it, is that I'm unable to suspend my disbelief, even about the world at large. Now, I was trying to figure out what caused this and I've come up with three things.

First, I have a history of OCD or atleast something like it. I'm thinking that I might be internalizing some of my OCD. I seem to be very anxious when it comes to making decisions and I'm always worrying about what's the best course of action or how I should be acting. While on the outside I seem very relaxed, not too many compulsions, I get the feeling that I'm still very nervous on the inside.

The second hypothesis may be that I'm just very depressed. This could cause some of my anxiety and would explain feeling dead to the world. I don't feel sad though, atleast not like crying sad. I guess I do feel a little blue sometimes.

My third hypothesis, is that I have aspergers or something like it. This seems to make sense to me as I've noticed that I don't feel much emotion from visual stimuli alone.

What do you guys think?

A little more info:

I've been on anti-depressents before: Prozac, Zoloft, Luvox, and a couple others I think. None of them has really made me feel different. They kinda just colored it a little. I've also tried Abillify, but that just made me foggy headed. The only thing that seems to have helped at all was concerta. It makes me atleast feel motivated to do things. I wouldn't say it makes me happier though.

2. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

I'm not a pyschiatrist so I really can't help you too much. I doubt that you have asberger's. That is a mild form of autism. If you have depression, perhaps you should see a doctor. Depression can be fatal, just like cancer. My advice to you is to see a good psychiatrist who specializies in depression. Your family doctor can refer you to a doctor. Good luck!

Peace and love

3. dodger988

dodger988 Member

Hey thanks for the advice.

I set up an appointment with a psych so we'll see how it goes.