Seriously considering moving to New Zealand...

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by theindiethinker, Sep 22, 2010.

1. theindiethinker

theindiethinker Member

Hello all how are you guys? Hope you're well. I guess I'll get to the point, I've recently started dating a girl that I've had feelings for, for quite some time. We recently started discussing our lives, future and what not. I asked her once place in the whole world she like to live, and without hesitation she answered New Zealand, and gave me several reasons why she wanted to live there. coincidentally my number one place was also new zealand, for some reason or another NZ has always called to me, I've always wanted to go and i used to do projects and reports on NZ when i was little.

So i took it as a sign to look more into moving there... So I guess my question is, how are things going over there in NZ?? What would be the place place for us to move? We are a gay/lesbian couple we are both women, she is american and I am latin american, both citizens of the USA. I know its sucks to say but there is still a lot of prejudices and racism in the world, and I want to move some where that people are friendly and I feel safe. My gf has certificates in hair/make up and is getting her business degree in college atm, and I am an anthropology/english major but i also have medical training as I am a registered nurse I could do jobs in that, and I am also a writer so I'll be doing some of that. We are both in our 20's... Would finding jobs in those fields possibly be difficult? I don't know what more to include.. oh yeah my gf wants to be a farmer?? anyway in hell there is a chance for that? i am serious lol. Thank you so much for reading all of this.

2. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

Should find those jobs easily enough. Im sure theres always a shortage of nurses and we have a pretty big farming / dairy industry so I dont think that would be difficult either.

Being lesbians shouldnt be an issue, nor should your race. officially we're a bi-cultural nation, and have lots of other minority groups, and i'd say overall we're queer-friendly (We allow civil unions, one of our MPs in parliament was transgender, etc,) Of course we have the occasional ignorant idiots about, but so does everywhere, i'd say day-to-day people are friendly or indifferent to shit like that.

3. BornHippy

BornHippy Member

Hey, um people stare when i held my ex gfs hand in hamilton and in smaller towns it'll be worse but thats to be expected. Christchruch is awsum cause lots of beaches and friendly people, and nice country side which isnt 2 far from city. Its hard to say about jobs cause i dont have one and im only 21 lol but i think there should always be jobs going.. Its only teaching that someone might have 2 move to another city to get a job for.

4. Ray Roberts

Ray Roberts Members

Simple answer, please don't, to many people are arriving and lowering our standard of living. Welcome to a holiday but please return to your own country. Thank you.

Modasflower likes this.