Seriously.. ALL THESE PEOPLE CAN

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by jo_k_er_man, Feb 1, 2009.

1. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

SUCK MY FUCKING COCK!!!!

i fuckin hate scalpers.. ruins people from actually going to see a show that they desperately want to see and these smug fucks got to go and hog up all the tickets and then sell them for fuckin outrageous prices... i wish ticket retailers would take better control of these problems..

2. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

PS: i thought it was illegal to sell tickets above their face value?

3. killswitchjd

killswitchjd Senior Member

as I thought, it is. Cant make money off of it.... legally

4. wonka816

wonka816 Oh Davey

yeah i never understood that...its illegal to scalp tickets at a venue that day but its perfectly alright to sell them on ebay...doesnt make any sense

5. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

it's okay, phish sucks anyways

:p

no, i agree though. scalping is pretty lame, although I must say I have made money on items that have been in high demand before. on the selling end, it is quite awesome

6. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

just don't buy those tickets

7. thisisme5

thisisme5 Herbal enthusiast

:eek:.... Maybe you didnt realise but he said PHISH

'Nuff said

8. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

I still wouldn't waste my time buying overpriced tickets from scalpers. I would either buy the tickets from the box office when they are offered even if it means standing in line, or wait for the show to come back another time... or find another location where the tickets are still on sale!

Either way, sorry the tickets are so high! Maybe you should ask the local Dollar Store if they can put one of those, bubble gum buckets with the whole cut out of the top and a sign saying "help my friend see Phish" on the side with some story about how it's your favorite band, out on one of the registers. Who knows, you could make a few bucks.

9. st. stephen

st. stephen Senior Member

god dam... so basically i could go see phish once for around 100 a tic, or i could take that money and go see 4 or 5 smaller shows. next month ill be seein disco biscuits, galactic w/ jj grey and mofro opening, and ymsb in tulsa and lotus in memphis. for ticket prices alone, thats still 10-20 bucks cheaper then phish at alpine. even with gas still a much better deal than one show. however if phish hits up bonnaroo i will most likely be there

10. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

^^ or you could go to 1 festival

11. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

@dixie.. i never said i was buying a scalped ticket

12. Subliminal89

Subliminal89 A Tokémon Master

well not yet.. :p

13. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

And I don't suggest that you do! Good choice.

14. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

I would never pay more than face value, and Im a diehard phish phan.

I luckly got 2 for camden at face.

Personally id rather see this tour fail because no one bought scalped tickets, then see all these scalpers win. But this tour will sell out and the scalpers will be swimming in money.

15. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

lol you think that is a markup?

i bought $15,000 in 2010 Olympic tickets, i'm going to be selling pairs to the opening cermonies for $5000 each, and i have 4 pairs to sell

not to mention the other tickets i got.

16. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

I'd buy them if they weren't too much and it was a band I really wanted to see.

17. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

I don't believe scalping is illegal on a national level. There are towns in the Metro area that it is illegal. All the ticket brokers are set up in non denver addresses.

18. Guitar

Guitar Senior Member

I really dont mind paying extra for phish, there my favorite band ever and i've been waiting forever to see them. I got tickets for 2 nights at new york for 250 each, very nice seats though. Also got nice knoxville tickets at face value, and going to bonaroo after that.

19. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

Ebay price is way better for Phish then Grateful Dead... I was hoping to go until I found out how much they cost, that there is a two ticket minimum(fucking BS) and that the grayhound bus would cost me a fortune and I just don't feel like spending all that money to go to denver and get a lame motel 6 and leave broke and sober. I'll stick to shows on the coast.

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yeah, this really sucks. It's the reason I can't go to Roadburn this year and there are some awesome bands coming... :(
    I'm not gonna pay more then €100 extra for the ticket. Not with the naive thought of teaching the bastard seller a lesson because someone else will buy the price he asks for sure. But I'm just not doing that.