Sending a text to the wrong person

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AmericanTerrorist, Sep 7, 2013.

1. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Have you ever sent a text to the wrong person?
    If so, was it just a no big deal- no worries type of message...
    or did you ever send a "oh FUCK NOOO!!!" type of text .... something that that person should NOT see?

I maybe once or twice have sent a text to the wrong person in the past but they were always no big deal at all whatsoever.

Until this morning.
    I sent my mother in law a text about ...illegal activities... that was meant for a friend of mine.
    It was not good. Not good at all.
    Funny thing though is, my mother in law was driving over here and about a half hour away when I sent it.... so during that time I sent her more texts (and not gonna go into the long story of the whole thing), but basically, I was able to explain it away and she seemed to believe me..which made no sense, but it was freaking awesome that she bought it.
    Right now my head is spinning. Both over doing something that freaking stupid and over her believing that stupid cover story. :dizzy2:

2. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Vacancy is a sign we can drive right on through.

3. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Ummm... not quite following you there, dope?

4. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I still laugh about my son sending a message, meant for his girlfriend, to his sister because both names have the same first two letters. It was sexual in wording.

I've done it. I sent a message, meant for my boyfriend, to my daughter because of those same first two letters. Luckily, I was only complaining about my daughter-in-law's children misbehaving; and luckily, I didn't send it to my daughter-in-law.

I've changed the names in my phone. I use the boyfriend's last name. My daughter and my daughter-in-law I haven't changed but I don't really anticipate that being a problem. I'm more careful now.

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I am glad I am not a big texter, because that is something I always worry about doing when I send a text.

Admit it, Trish, you were fucked up on something.

6. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

I've done this several times. Well, more than several lol. Only once has it been something really embarrassing. I had sent a pretty scandalous photo to the wrong person.... :blush5:

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

ive never sent a text

my phone is for making phone calls

i do most of my harasssment via email instead :D

8. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Well, this is the first time I sent something to a person by accident that I really didn't want them to read it. What happened was...with my phone after every page of a text (142 or 144 characters or whatever) you have to actually open a new text window - it's really lame, my old phone would just automatically let you keep typing thru various pages. so what I did was... I typed the first page of text- then I went and saved it to drafts... then I wrote the 2nd page of text...saved it to drafts.
    -Went into drafts folder and from there you have to add the person's name you're sending it to again (it doesn't save the name of person even if you typed it before)- so I went into "recent list" and thought I was selecting my friends but nope... I selected dan's mom... the reason why was- dan was standing there talking to me when I was sending it and we were talking about his mom coming over and various other things having to do with his mom... so having that discussion and I accidentally hit her name cause we were talking about her.
    When I realized it I was like "OH FUCK NO NO NO NO NO!!"
    I seriously cannot believe I talked us out of it... I came up with quite a story. Haha.
    Anyways.... fucked up? Not really. Completely straight? Not really. ;)
    And a lack of sleep for SURE.

9. odonII

odonII O

No, I can't say I have.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've never done it through text, but back when I still used aim my then boyfriend's friend was saying really weird stuff to me, so I meant to send a message to my boyfriend to tell him how fucking weird his friend was, but I accidentally sent it to his friend instead.

It wasn't a huge deal to me. we never became best friends after that but he was fucking weird so no big loss lol

11. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

Never happened to me

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

oh yeah, I forgot. It has happened to me, just the other day. My sister and one of my best friends have the same name. So I sent my friend a text but I was intending to send it to my sister. My sister and I have an inside joke going on about this really shitty band. I found out they were playing a free concert in our town that night so I sent her a text just being silly and acting really fake excited. Except my friend got the text and didn't get the joke at all, so now she just thinks I have shitty taste in music.

13. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

You texted someone who was driving and they actually read several pages of text while driving?

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

15. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

just sayin

16. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

american terrorist, i gotta say...this story is pretty lame due to lack of details.

17. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Wow. That's crazy because pretty much the same, exact thing happened to me via a messager (dunno if it was aim or not...prolly was though...)

Are you talking to me? I'm not sure who else you would be talking to, but if that was to me...then you totally didn't get my silly story at all (not that it made a lot of sense- the way I was trying to explain how I have to save message 1, message 2, etc., in drafts if I want multiple pages to come thru at once...

NEWAYS... the answer is no. First of all, I did not TRY to text my mother in law at ALL. Second of all, I only ended up sending the first page of the text (I had two pages saved... but once I sent page one I realized what I did and didn't send page 2.)

And third- She didn't read anything I sent while she was driving. (first of all I didn't know at the time she had left for our place anyways....)... but since she HAD left for our place, the silly thing was that she didn't read the text until she got here... she was here for like an HOUR before she opened up her phone ....read it and said to my husband "oh, I guess she didn't mean to send that to me, huh?"
    Then she proceeded to read our cover stories (D and I both texted her separate a lil bit later w the same story, in diff words...) and she just kinda... got quiet about it, didn't mention it too much..she brought it up as a question to D when she was getting ready to give him money (LOLZ) but when he answered that the original text wasn't serious, she was like "okay" and was all cool about it.

Yea... I didn't click on the link but I heard about that (on CNN, I do believe...) the other day on the news... It's in New Jersey and I do believe some of what I heard about it is that Chris Christie disagrees w the decision...AND that it would be very hard to prove that the person sending the text knew the person would be driving AND wouldn't assume the receiver of the text wouldn't either pull over to read it or wait until they are no longer driving to read it. And also when it all comes down to it it is ultimately the responsibility of the DRIVER to drive safely.. and that the chances of a person (in NJ...the only state that has any form of this) actually getting charged and having the charges stick with this are extremely slim. For one reason is a lot of people text back and forth with people all day or multiple times through out the day and would have no reason to know when a person is driving and even if they did, you can send a text to a person who is driving and expect them to read it later or whatever.

Anyways, I agree w Mr Christie and anyone with half of a brain that it is the responsibility of the driver to driver safely and that's about all I have to say about that whole silliness. ;)

Basically, it all comes down to us telling "our friends" ... I mean, my mother in law, who was supposed to be our friends instead- that my mother in law was coming to visit for about two hours and that she'd be bringing us some $$$ n that we didn't have exact details yet regarding time and amount of $$$ but that we were checking if her n her guy would be around in the afternoon n we'd let her know $$$ n time as soon as we knew.
    (didn't go into any more details then that-no specifics.... but, come on now. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the general topic that it was about.
    (now the story we came up with to get out of it.... was pretty complicated and not gonna continue this book I'm writing on here to go into all that. let's just say, I was shocked that I actually sent that text to HER and I was shocked when she left and everything was all good... no worries... I had def. been freaking out before she got there.

18. lode

lode Banned

Yeah, but never anything really embarrassing.

A few years ago I butt dialed my boss and left a voicemail of me and a coworker talking about how foxy she (my boss) was. I could tell she was flattered when she brought it up, but I didn't get a raise out of it. :biggrin:

19. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Hahaha.....

I remember one time a few years ago I was hanging out with Dan and two of our friends and we were all pretty messed up and apparently I pocket dialed my mom three times and left her three voice mails. She said in the one she could hear us all talking for about two minutes... so I was thinking "oh no" and just trying to think back to what we were talking about then. So, I asked her (trying to sound casual and not concerned about it), what we were saying. She said "Hmm, it was really hard to understand... I'm not really sure". To this day I have no idea if she was telling the truth or not.

20. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

Drunk texting is fun