Sen. Elizabeth Warren's Great Idea

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tikoo, Apr 22, 2019.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Sure is

A view that is held in many countries. Only in America do people think like you. That you have the right to kill someone who wrongs you.

The average intruder runs away when people are home. That's not enough for the NRA member. They need to pay. That is my point. It's an odd kind of thinking. Your safety is not enough they can not have life now. Which is why many countries would charge you since you deiced to escalate the situation. Even in Europe if you kill someone in true defense you have a leg to stand on in court. Most American shootings are the gun owner seeking the conflict. For example the intruder is shot as he tries to jump your fence fleeing. You chased him. That's murder. The NRA will still say it's defense.

They do. They wound likely pass any IQ or intelligence test. I'm not supporting that sort of relationship with kids. Just saying that view does not mean they don't understand other things.

I gave you an example that shows people who vote as you are affected by your views and you zero in on pedophilia. Interesting.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  2. deleted

deleted Visitor

I need me some reparations.. .. give me dat money ..

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Of course the Dems want criminals to vote so they stand at least some modicum of a chance of winning.

Of course the Republicans are garbage, too, but the Dems really seem to pander to the absolute bottom of the barrel. Always.

6-eyed shaman and WritersPanic like this.
  4. unfocusedanakin

Is this more of the rural town fantasy? That their views are actuly the norm if not for a massive voter conspiracy.

Okiefreak likes this.
  5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I am not from a rural area, so perhaps you might want to ask someone who is.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

i cant wait to get my reparations for being one them prison house slave niggas..

7. unfocusedanakin

That does not answer the question. I say rural since in general cities vote left and rural goes right. The rural areas say it's impossible for them to loose so they claim fraud ignoring how numbers and education works.

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I’ll take my 40 acres and a mule, and it would only cost the US $6.4 trillion dollars to do the right thing, the moral thing,

Orison likes this.
  9. So you CAN read minds? Amazing!

10. lode

lode Banned

I would prefer us doing something about the absurd incarceration rate, rather than grant prisoners some rights while they are incarcerated.

[​IMG]

Balbus and WritersPanic like this.
  11. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Arguments against an inalienable right to vote have been emotional . In the asylum we vote with crayons . The ballots
    become more interesting , perhaps lovely , no less strange .

12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

The original Constitution didn't define which citizens could vote, they left it up to the states.
    After all the amendments the right to vote can't be suspended by any state for race, color, previous condition of servitude, gender, failure to pay poll or other taxes, or age after the age of 18.

Maine and Vermont permit felons to vote while they're in prison, thirty states allow them to vote after serving their time.
    And it seems they're doing okay.
    As Bernie is the junior Senator from Vermont, I guess his view on felons' voting is logical.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  13. deleted

deleted Visitor

That's a good question. thanks for asking..

14. unfocusedanakin

No, but I can listen to what people say and assume their views on topics. Often they even flat out state them here. You have 2 ears and one mouth since you should listen twice as much as you speak. I listen simple as that.

15. And there we have it. What's the point of having a conversation if you plan to inject your own thinking onto others?

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  16. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Banishment , correction and punishment .
    Abolish punishment . This will advance peace and democracy . Children vote yes .

go to hell : the curse of banishment and punishment

torture and crucifixion : punishment first , then banishment

penitence
    : optional

a sentence of life without parole
    : banishment , correction optional

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

No rights are absolute. With great ideas like this, the Dems are sure to lose in 2020.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

It's not really a new idea, it's a states rights issue and there are states that do allow prisoners to vote. I think its being blown out of proportion, Democratic candidates were asked about this during a town hall and gave their personal opinion regarding the matter - their personal opinions dont negate the fact that this is a states rights issue. I dont really foresee this being an issue that is pushed by any candidates, it will remain something that is left up to each individual state

But I get in this toxic political climate candidates cant really say anything without it being taken out of context and blown out of proportion

Okiefreak likes this.
  20. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

Senator Warren is essentially correct on premise however not entirely correct on application.

As a society our desire as expressed is that we want all criminals rehabilitated back into society that is the ones who aren't serving life terms or multiples thereof, yet when an ex-con returns home from prison employers often refuse to hire him, he isn't allowed to vote, he's often denied fair housing, victimized by whisper campaigns and the list goes on. Now if all this isn't enough once the ex-con gives up commits a crime out of desperation, anger, resentment at how he's been treated that same society collectively says , "hmmm, I guess he didn't want to go straight " lol , you just can't make this stuff up.

Now , where Warren needs to adjust her policy is that the right to vote should be permanently denied to violent criminals murder, rape, armed robbery etc. but restored to those returning to society after three successful years integrating back into society. Secondly employers need to be encouraged to take up their responsibility and give these people fair consideration. Thirdly we as a people need to remember that paying one's debt to society means just that " paid " and that no man should have to be marked for life to the point he/she is unable to re-integrate fully into free society.

It's fundamentally incorrect to impose this on states as Washington often tends to do.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019