Selling Stuff Online

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by slappysquirrel, Apr 24, 2015.

1. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

just wondering how much success anyone has had selling their stuff online,, particularly etsy. I am thinking about starting a new shop there and want to know how good it is. I know there is a lot of competition there, so if anyone has pointers that would also be helpful. or if anyone knows any other sites that are decent.

2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I prefer ebay, as it has more people looking and bidding. When I visited etsy, it seemed small....and people were not getting good prices.....I don't know how etsy is now....but if I am going to sell something, I want the best price for it that I can get....or I will just keep it...i paid alot for things I usually sell.

I give lots of things away, so i am not cheap.....but if I am going to do the work and sell something, I want the best price I can get for it.

3. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You can set up a store at ebay, as well...You have a monstrosity sized audience to sell to on ebay....

4. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Why don't you try both ebay and etsy? And maybe start an amazon store as well? Then you'll have all your bases covered.

5. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

only thing is, I'd have to have like 3 diff inventories for each online store lol like what if I sold the same thing on 2 diff sites with 24 hours lol

I also sell stuff on the street, I am basically a vendor going bar to bar

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

On etsy you can say made to order, and have the time to remake an item. You'd need to have the inventory.
    You could also call everything one of a kind, specify the buyer will get something similar but not the same as in the photo.

Look at some listings for sweater coats. Those are often illustrative photos. Look at the listing wording, and how the vendors describe their shops, too.

7. JamieBroderick

JamieBroderick Members

You might be better served looking into both Etsy and getting some web hosting with someone like hostgator and going down the 'WooCommerce' route to make an online store of your own.
    The issue with etsy is that you are basically locked to abide by site rules and ultimately are helping them to grow there site with all the links you push to your store so why not just do this to your own website?

You then have full control and can buy some Ad's on facebook for more customers.

8. Marshall Kohl

Marshall Kohl Members

Etsy, Ebay, but you should gain a good rating before customers will notice you, it demands many efforts