Selling of a 79 year old camp

Discussion in 'Protest' started by imaginelennon109, Aug 23, 2005.

1. imaginelennon109

imaginelennon109 Member

Hello!! We have just found out that the YMCA is selling the 79 year old camp Anokijig. Anokijig in Native American means We Serve, and that really explains the socity we have built at our camp. People helping eachother out, having fun, and learning from one onother. As staff our main goals are to teach kids respect, caring, and how to live with people they might not get along with. I personaly have seen drastic changes in some kids who are not growing up in the best situations. The Racine YMCA in WI desided it needed to build a new Fascility, and sell Anokijig to get the money. Unless we raise the 8 million dollars it will coast us to buy it out and become an independent camp, our beautiful land on Little Elkart Lake, will be developed. Please I ask one and all to donate!!! The smallest amount helps! Go to www.savecamp.com . Any questions feel free to e-mail me at turtledude180@yahoo.com . Thank you for your suport!