Selective Ignorance -Or- God Is Love, The Context Tells Me So

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by relaxxx, Dec 6, 2014.

1. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

the identity of the particular subjects, human, is somewhat nebulous to me in your statement here. What is or isn't the best way to discuss things? I will explain myself if not understood but I will not back away from demanding firm information. It relates to my purpose for it which is to increase knowing so that we all might be comfortable with each other. Knowledge is material and takes up space and a mind that is predetermined has no room. So I attempt to penetrate those binding determinations. by bringing them to truth and in truth if that is what is sought they are dispelled by recognition.
    Now whether or not one wants to stay with this is really a function of how much they want to care about discovering knowledge. This is the only thing I apply myself to. The rest of my life runs on easy habit. I have no hopes or dreams to fulfill and no need to be entertained. I have time to devote to contemplation. It could very well be that the purposes for having discussion may be different and in this it is not a good match. no matter even the least concerned deserve at least some attention from me.

2. thedope

What is really unnerving for everyone involved is the perception that a verbal statement is an attack. Minds cannot attack other minds. The mind is naturally abstract so we spend a great deal of time not talking about informational subjects, but peoples perceived offenses. I spend a lot of time disarming before I ever get to touch on meaning.

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

everyone who has ever said or written, that any god, has ever been in any way responsible, for any religion, has been themselves a human person.

4. thedope

I and my father are one

5. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I admire and respect your conviction, thedope...:)

6. thedope

What are you convicting me of, your admiration and respect?
    Is my conviction like some distant idol?

7. Moonglow181

i don't think so

8. thedope

So what is my conviction?

9. Moonglow181

it is not a conviction....it is conviction.....you believe what you say with passion...it was just an observation.....nothing more.....it is how I experienced the things you always say. You live your words.

10. thedope

Whose words do my words sound like?

11. Moonglow181

your words sound like your words

12. thedope

So you like my words. You know nothing of my conviction. I don't believe in anything this is who I discovered myself to be and the words are the words of authority, the words of christ, anointed authority that's what that word means the christ, the authority. I speak them because it is what the world wants of me on these forums and i share them because that is what I want from you. To share thoughts, not argue that someone or another doesn't have a brain.

But you know to get people to let go of their irritation is like pulling bad teeth.

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

What the world wants...

Could be a Mel Gibson movie.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

christianity threw its god out with the bath water 1,700 years ago, in the early 400s. (long before its writings were compiled into anything resembling today's bible)
    so i really don't see how anything resembling a god, (should one choose to exist, and that's up to it, or them, NOT us) can be blamed for anything it is now.

if you really care about how a god would want anyone to live, you really need to look beyond western religions and to do your own thinking instead.

15. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

God Good,
    Humans bad,
    Beef really really good.

http://youtu.be/wKtuk0ZpnbY

Thank God for delicious BEEF!

16. thedope

i think it a fact that mel gibson movies have been the object of irritation for some.

17. Asmodean

He made some really good movies. And some not so good.

18. thedope

Which doesn't really qualify as what we want overall which is everything the way we want it always.

19. Asmodean

My what the world wants remark was kind of a joke to Gibson's romcom movie What women want. Romcoms (romantic comedies) can also be good but I'm not sure I saw a good one with Gibson.

You are onto something here :cheers2:

God is good, humans do good (and bad, true).

Right on, homie! Thank God, thank cows, thank sun, water and grass and last but not least thanks to the butcher for preparing all this precious meat!

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well the pros and cons are both completely pointless, because it is still up to us, the kind of world we create to have to live in, whatever else, might or might not exist.