Seeking Musician to Add Music to Song

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by hippywitch, Jun 16, 2006.

1. hippywitch

hippywitch Member

Hi everyone!

First of all,so your time is not possibly wasted,I can't afford to pay anyone. However,I will share profits I make with my music with the musician I end up working with. I am seeking a musician who can add music to my song. It would be great of course if I could work with you on all my future songs as well. I prefer working with people who are open minded and 18+ in age. 21+ even better. For my current song,I am thinking the piano or acoustic guitar would go well with it. It is slow and haunting. You may hear my current song here: www.myspace.com/michellesmusings and if you are interested and serious after listening to it,I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks.

~Peace~
    Michelle

2. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

I'm interested, I won't ask for money, either. :p I love writing with people, its one of the most enjoyable things.

3. Politics are awesome

so.... would you want your partner to download the song and then re-record it again with a guitar/piano track? :confused:

(this song reminds me of nick drake)

4. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm willing to take on a challenge, as well. First time I ever did that kinda thing was when I was twelve or thirteen.

Could probably do a piano track too, though I usually go next door and use my neighbor's Steinway, though they're in Cape Cod visiting their son this week.... I'd like to see what Chuck can do with it.

5. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

Curious, What or where exactly on your blog page do I have to click in order to hear your song? (sorry, never checked out myspace before so I don't know how to navigate through it).

6. hippywitch

hippywitch Member

Hi.

Actually,my song should automatically start when you go to my page. It always does for me. Let me know if it doesn't for you.

Michelle

7. hippywitch

hippywitch Member

Yeah,I can't afford to pay anyone. Sorry:( Thanks for the response though. And in response to your other response, you can either download my song from my myspace page or I can e-mail it to you. You can go ahead and try adding music to it if you want. I just want it to remain slow and haunting. So I'd like the music to be slow and possibly haunting as well. I just think a piano and/or acoustic guitar may go best with it. You can PM me for my e-mail address if you want if you do add music to it so you can send it to me. I'll take a listen and let you know what I think.:) Thanks a lot!

Peace,
    Michelle

8. hippywitch

hippywitch Member

Thanks but like I said in my post,I am looking to work with someone who is at least 18. 21+ even better. It's nothing personal. But I'm 26 so I just prefer working with other adults. I hope that is ok with you. Please don't be mad or hurt.:)

Peace,
    Michelle

9. hippywitch

hippywitch Member

Oh and to clarify,I only want the person I work with to add music to my song.

Michelle

10. samson

samson Hepcat

A sparse melody with the vocals, its pretty nice just as an a capella piece.

Adding piano would call for tinkling in minor keys, but as for guitar I would suggest a low-volume electric gtr doing whale songs behind the vocals. When the vocal line has a delicate flow Im always worried about drowning it out with too much music... its not what you play, its what you dont kinda thing.

The way it is now leaves the listener a wide canvas for the imagination to work with the lyrics, no matter what you back it with you would do well to keep that aspect, it works well with your voice, at least on this track.

Its great to see someone wanting to collaborate, and Im sure you will get plenty of offers from the creative folks here. If you need assistance feel free to pm me if you like, either to lay tracks or just give a listen to the finished product. I cant wait to see how it turns out for you.

11. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

what does age matter if you like how they play?
    I know plenty of great players who aren't old enough to be in the bar they play.
    Glad the Dead didn't feel that way.. but then again they recorded in the same room.

12. Politics are awesome

Yeah, George is...really really good. :p

But, I am going to download it now. I'll work on it soon/tonite, hopefully will have it finished by tomorrow morning/sometime this evening, then I'll upload to uh... rapidshare, probably. yay how exciting how exciting :D

thank you!

13. hippywitch

hippywitch Member

Thanks. I really do want music added to it though and I think that would be better too.:) If you play the piano and/or guitar and you'd be interested in adding music to my song,let me know. :)

Peace,
    Michelle

14. hippywitch

hippywitch Member

Well,it's just a personal preference of mine. I don't know. Of course I know that different people of different ages can play and have great talent. Age doesn't matter in that. I don't want anyone to take it in a negative way or think I'm discriminating. I'm not and I'm totally not like that. Maybe I'll think about it. I was just wanting to work with others who are more my age or older. Plus maybe I'd feel even more free to say whatever in my songs if I were working with other adults.

Peace,
    Michelle

15. hippywitch

hippywitch Member

Actually,you can e-mail it to me. I'll PM my address to you. Thanks. I'll let you know what I think after I listen to it.

Michelle

16. hippywitch

hippywitch Member

Actually,I don't know what I was thinking. I want to re-record my song first. It needs a little work here and there,so. So,if you're interested in adding music to my song,please just send me a sample of your work. Maybe your ideas for my song or you could just add music to some of it to give me an idea of what you could do with it. After I have re-recorded it and am totally happy with it,you could then add music to the entire song. I hope anyone who wanted to go ahead and add music to it reads this before doing so! I'm sorry.:(

Michelle

17. Politics are awesome

sample of my work.... like, on that song, or any sample? :confused:

I haven't recorded anything yet (for your song), which apparently seems to be a good thing. :p But I have one song at www.myspace.com/lubbilubbing and fourteen others at www.soundclick.com/chuckhallhiswarmguns

These are all from a damn long time ago...well, a few months. :p But whatever.

18. hippywitch

hippywitch Member

Hey.

I meant a sample of your work on any song yes or a sample of what you could do with my song. A sample of what you could do with my song would be best actually though. I'm wanting piano and/or acoustic guitar music added to it. :) If you have anymore questions,let me know!

Michelle

P.S.I'll check out the links you gave me,thanks.

19. electricstar

electricstar Member

I'm an experienced composer. I could be interested in collaborating with you. Let me the time to see your things. Feel free to contact me.
    Peace.

20. hippywitch

hippywitch Member

Ok,cool. My song isn't finished yet and could use some tuning though to let you know. I'm going to be re-recording it to make it better. I've tried but haven't been totally happy with it yet. So since I am going to be re-recording,I'll first just want a sample of people's ideas for my song. But I hope you like or liked what you heard so far.

Peace,
    Michelle