Seeing In Higher Dimensions On LSD

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Silverbackman, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Silverbackman

Silverbackman Member

Acid (and other psychedelics) is supposed to disable filters that suppress or block information that reaches the conscious mind. Once these filters are gone "mundane" information (information not linked to survival) reaches the inner mind and expands it. With these types of powers you can hear a scent, taste a color, ect.

Another one of these "mundane" functions is seeing in higher spatial dimensions. It is obvious to see why this would appear "mundane", living in a spatially 3D world. There is no reason to have the ability to even imagine what a higher dimensional object can look like, since it doesn't help with survival. As small children we grow up under the assumptions of the reality around us. However if we were organisms the size of sub-atomic particles where the bizarre world of quantum mechanics takes place, we would probably need to see these high dimensions that are "rolled" up.

But as I said before, seeing in higher dimensions has been reported on acid (and I think shrooms as well). Has anyone ever seen higher spatial dimensions on acid? I'm not going to demand that you describe it, because I doubt anyone could. It would be like a 2D organism trying to describe the third dimension; it would be totally out of his or her experience. If you can describe it then that would be great. If not, have you ever seen higher spatial dimensions while on acid? If so, how many dimensions higher? I have heard that some people have seen as high as 6 spatial dimensions (on acid).

2. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

imagine me trying to describe in great detail to a blind person what it's like to see.
    now, even better - you try and do it.
    your mind's eye and inner colour mixed with visionary fullfilment. a constant stream of knowledge and understanding from each of these patterns. a rush of laughter from the entire experience.

3. Pepopstico

Pepopstico Member

people see new and weird things. combine that with extreme feelings of awe and ecstacy and it's easy to believe you're seeing into the meaning of life, higher dimensions, God, or something. maybe that's what's happening, maybe it isn't.

4. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Never heard of anyone seeing extra spatial dimensions on acid.

Many stories of seeing other dimensions of reality, but not spatial dimensions as such.

5. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

I see a world that I am inside that I can act an think clearly (mainly from salvia, not so much LSD). I am there and I can observe and learn lessons and everything else! I enjoy seeing other ideas of dimentions from my mind that are usually full of colour and life (which is running out of the world these days).

6. Neuronaut7

Neuronaut7 Member

We don't see them because they're not relevant to any sort of daily activity - namely survival. Our world exists in terms of four dimentions, and as such we're not even sure if more dimentions exist. The only reason higher (or lower, in some theories) dimentions are even brought up is because some of the complex mathematical models of the universe in cosmology require more dimentions in order for the answers to come out even remotely sensical.

That said, I have percieved higher dimentions while on acid, during a part of a trip that even though I've taken more, has never been replicated. In some sense, it was more a matter of seeing the smaller dimentions that are wrapped up in the fabric of spacetime, rather than the large, uber-dimentions that brane theory requires.

Multiple temporal dimentions...I had an experience on mushrooms that one could say was like percieving more than one temporal dimention, though it was more of a obliteration of the abstract sense of time, rather than feeling more than one. I couldn't tell when things had happened, and when I started coming back a little later, I was dumbfounded that it was only around 7 in the evening. Events were rather cyclic in nature; that feeling probably stemmed out of me continually going to the bathroom to try and throw up.

The multiple dimention thing, it's quite hard to describe as any visual is, especially since what we're talking about is something rather subjective. Anyway...it started when I closed my eyes, and instead of a normal dark space, it was very bright, basically just white. From the center colored confettii started appearing, slowly forming a swirling fractal spiral coming from the center. Colors that aren't real started appearing, and as that happened, the spiral started turning into blocks, almost like an optical illusion thing I had seen. That's where I made the jump from the normal three dimentions to more than that, and they kept building on each other. It's really hard to even recall visually what that looked like, all I can remember is myself describing it to me so that I could talk about it later. Trying to remember it is probably the only thing that held me back from totally disappearing into it.

7. superusername

superusername Member

When I went to the "other dimenesion" I learned about myself and all people. I also learned of something I like to call the spiral its peoples multi levals of fealing of life going around there brain. This is what dictates there life into a story one of pain laughter love and joy the reason everyone feals bad is that we wan't to and that life is completely out of controll. I learned lots of other stuff too but I think thats the coolest things I learned under the influence of LSD.

8. INSANEPOOKIE

INSANEPOOKIE Prancing Dragon

Without babbling in detail:

I've really only seen LSD/Shrooms give a person access to more of their subconscious, deep hidden thoughts (such has possible trama related issues or thoughts that may simply dwell in an area one is not use to seeing/feeling/hearing) and aid a human in being able to conceive the possible concept of another dimension (regardless if it exists or not).

One of my thoughts is that it may be beyond us currently to see/understand another dimension at this time, other than through math (which if I saw the theory I wouldn't understand it :)) based upon what I've read.

In the book "Flatter Land" the guide/being that assists the lower dimensional being to see beyond her 2d dimension by providing a device that grants her brain the ability to understand the concepts needed. The device didn't make her any more intelligent if I remember correctly, just helped her understand.

I mention this as I thought it was a great idea to break the barrier. heh-- I suppose you maybe could say LSD/Shrooms may be this device but how the heck would we know if we saw another dimension.

9. Silverbackman

Silverbackman Member

According to wikipedia;

10. desert nightmare

desert nightmare Senior Member

On salvia i seem to have NO depth preception at all. But thats not what makes it so weird. As for more spatual demintions, i haven't experienced this on any drug.

11. Neuronaut7

Neuronaut7 Member

Trust me, you would know. Over a period of time, if we as a whole are able to percieve more dimentions the change wouldn't be readily obvious, however, if you've taken a drug such as LSD and are catapulted into a different setting it's very real.

12. JesusChristPose

JesusChristPose Member

its weird how your searching for a new dimension when if in fact it existed youd be in it this very moment. dont learn....just realize. 8D

and with dimensions, theres 2D such as a plain triangle or square drawn on a paper and there is 3D, such as everthing we see everday:cars trees people food etc. well, 1D i dont really know what that is and quit frankly i dont care, but then there is 4D.
    oohh, *shutters* my favorite. i dont actually believe this to be a dimension. as a matter of fact i believe "dimensions" shouldnt be considered anything at all. only the first 3 dimensions can be seen and beyond that they arent dimensions at all but you discover that neither are the first 3.

the first three describe physical space. the fourth is going to the fourth dimension. i cant describe it. but there was this one time when i thought that steven colbert and i where sitting in a room in the 4th dimension talking with the audience. and the whole time was in my room. and every once in a while i would loose concentration and steven would start saying stuff out of his will and then hed look into the camera and new that i did something. id make him say the funniest things that made no sense at all. and i heard him think that and he told me, "dude that was really lame" and i just thought that i wasnt even doing anything and we had tapped into the 5th dimension.

and something i noticed while this was occuring was it is a recorded television show and so i realized the 4th dimension has something to do with "time". as in it would seem i was in that studio at the time but i wasnt. as far as the 4th dimension is concerned, steven colbert doesnt exist. omg! and neither do i to him! somehow i just knew that if i wrote to him or something hed have no idea what i was talking about and i know why. he was still in the 3D/time reality while i was talking..to...him.....darn. lol. steven colbert is hella funny.

13. INSANEPOOKIE

INSANEPOOKIE Prancing Dragon

14. Neuronaut7

Neuronaut7 Member

The fourth dimension is time, that's commonly accepted as fact. Our current understanding of the universe requires it - spacetime, as I have said before...one is dependant on the other.

Whether or not you want to believe that there is more than these three dimensions, mathematical models require them to work, and as of now many of those mathematical models are proving testable and are passing tests, as well as fixing the problems posed by point-particle theory.

A thought experiment I read about discussing hidden dimensions goes as such - imagine a rope between two points in a valley, with an ant walking between. He can go left or right, correct? At first examination that's all he can do. But on looking closer you will see that the ant can also walk the circumference of the rope, thus there is a "hidden" dimension.

I think some of you are misunderstanding higher dimensions. We are talking about actual, physical dimensions, no? Not simply higher abstract thinking, as that is not truely another "dimension" as much as you would like to think it so - it is merely thinking outside of our normal patterns, seeing the connections between thoughts that normally we don't see. Just as visual objects can get distorted, so can mental objects. However, it is quite likely that there are more dimensions that the four we commonly perceive.

15. blitz7341

blitz7341 Banned

16. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

that video was awsome, I love reading about higher dimensions its so thought provoking. When I was a kid I would always ponder shit like this before I went to bed. Like why I suddenly existed, with a past being nothing but a "Void" or a blank. Superb.

17. desert nightmare

desert nightmare Senior Member

I still, after watching that video, think that there is only 3 dimensions. If there are anymore we, as we are now, can't imagine it. That video, after explaining the first three dimensions, only focused on time traval, and stated defferent positions as new deminsions. In all of the instances shown, they still all are in the the first three dimentions to us. Time is represented through the second and third, but not the first because it is just one point.

18. Neuronaut7

Neuronaut7 Member

I think that you misunderstood this video past a certain point. Yes they talk about time travel and I do think that wasn't necessary, but it does illustrate some points and helped me to get my mind loose and thinking differently.

It's not as though this video is a perfect representation of what the actual dimentions are, but rather a way to picture what other dimentions are. It does make sense though, and things past the fourth dimention are separate, but build on, our three spacial and one temporal dimention.

The problem I see is that you could continue going ad infinitum, and that most versions of string theory that show real promise now require 11 dimentions, not 10.

19. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

17 or even 23 in some versions. But string theory is destined always to remain pure theory as it is generally acknowleded that it is impossible to construct an experiment to verify it.
    Often, the extra dimensions seem to be added in order to prop up the theory. There is no evidence of their actual existence.

20. Hemisphere

Hemisphere Member

Try watching the Elegant Universe series on YouTube - a 3 part documentary, each part about 50 minutes long. It has some fascinating info about String Theory and M Theory (Unified String Theory - I'd have called it Rope Theory personally but anyhow :)).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=poINyvCN3tc&mode=related&search=

According to the last part, it seems they might not be too far off from verifying some fairly key aspects of M Theory.

I must admit a lot of it went over my head, but the basic jist is that there's a big particle accelerator facility, that's currently in the process of running tests to try and detect an elementary particle called a graviton, which, according to M theory, are inter-dimensional particles. This basically means they are constantly moving through parallell universes.

Theoretically, when two particles collide, it should be possible to detect the presence of gravitons, as the particles explode and their elements are dispersed. The fact that tests are constantly in the process of being run means that it can't be too far out of the grasp of the scientists working on it, else they surely wouldn't bother at all.

A new particle accelerator facility is currently being constructed, which will be 7 times as powerful as the one currently being used in the tests. Scientists are even more confident therefore, that gravitons will be able to be detected once the new accelerator is built.

Once gravitons can be detected, it can also be shown that they are travelling between dimensions, because they will seemingly disappear completely.

Of course, it could be that gravitons aren't there to be found at all (it is after all, still theoretical), and even if they do, they may not be shown to travel between dimensions, but M Theory is definitely progressing, and there is certainly a possibility that it can one day be proven/disproven.