secrets-from-flight-attendants-that-will-make-you-think

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Friar Turk, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Friar Turk

Friar Turk Dankin' and Tankin'

25 Secrets From Flight Attendants That Will Make You Rethink Getting On A Plane
    Written By Providr.Com Editorial Team

In spite of what your anxiety might be telling you (or that primal fight-or-flight instinct that overrides logic), flying is the safest, fastest and most efficient mode of transportation out there. It’s also full of quirks that you might not know about. Here are some of those secrets, as told by flight attendants.

1. First, let’s start by giving you some basic statistics about flying. From 2002-2007, over 196,000 people died in car accidents (according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration). On the other hand, 107 people died from airplane crashes. To put that into perspective, the odds of you getting involved in a plane accident are 1 in 7 million. If the numbers are just not adding up, here are some things more likely to kill you: cardiovascular diseases (1 in 2), smoking (1 in 600), and lightning strikes (1 in 1.9 million). Flight attendants are aware that some of their passengers are riddled with an aggressive fear of flying. So don’t worry about looking silly because you look nervous! If anything, they can help you relax by offering tips and aids to tune out your surroundings or ride out the worst of the anxiety (for example, wear your seatbelt at all times to avoid bumping your head if there’s any turbulence).

[​IMG]

2. This might seem a bit extreme, but if you tire yourself out before a long trip you’ll be more likely to fall asleep on the plane. The best way to do this is to stay up late and do physical work prior to the flight. This is good for people who really need to sleep (to avoid jet lag, for example)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2017
  2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear voice of sexy

that's two things, not 25. also, neither of them are secrets from flight attendants that will make you rethink getting on a plane.

that must be some massive turbulence; the ceiling on a typical commercial plane is like 2 feet above my head.

3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

In fairness, whether or not it makes you rethink getting on a plane depends on what you were thinking in the first place.

I want to know why tim tebow and 4 other people are tagged on this thread

4. I'minmyunderwear

the first one, yeah. the second one, only if you didn't want to get on a plane specifically because you're afraid of missing sleep. which i suppose might happen occasionally, but it seems like a stretch to me.

i had actually started typing the question of where to find the tags, because i didn't even realize that tags were a thing in the newest version of HF, but then i finally saw them at the bottom of the screen at the last minute. i think if they actually want tags to be a thing, they need to be a bit more prominent.

5. newbie-one

I think tags are intended to show up in searches, so some pissed off nolan ryan fans are going to show up soon

6. newbie-one

Most people aren't reluctant to fly, so it's worded so most people will think that the article will be about why you shouldn't fly. Classic click bait article.

7. I'minmyunderwear

^ yeah, that's how the title is worded. makes it sound like flight attendants are going to tell you about the amount of semen on the average airplane seat or something.

but for point number 2, i don't see how that could make you not want to get on a plane if you were already planning on it, so the only kind of rethinking possible would be the fear of missing sleep thing i had mentioned.

this really is the classic click bait scenario. a title that promises something, then you click the thread and get one tenth of an article about something completely different. the only thing missing is the 32 popups as soon as the page loaded.

8. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Well-Known Member

I was really expecting something

9. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Free Psychotic Readings

There's not enough nudity in air travel.

10. wilsjane

wilsjane Well-Known Member

I just like reminding passengers flying from the UK to America, that 20 minutes after take off the planes fuel tanks are nearly half empty. Flight attendants love me.!!!!