Secretly ashamed about masturbating?

Discussion in 'Masturbation' started by Highpowererot, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Highpowererot

Highpowererot Members

Like most people, I have been masturbating since I discovered it as a teenager. I firmly believe that it is a beautiful, natural and healthy part of being a human. I’m now 70 years old (how did that happen?) and still masturbate about once or twice a week. Mostly I do it alone, but I also love it when my wife watches. She even helps me by gently caressing my testicles and anus as I stroke away. I feel proud showing her my erection and squirting for her. But I am also turned on by the self-degradation I feel. And afterwards I feel somewhat embarrassed, but intellectually I know that what I am doing is beautiful and 100% OK.

Nevertheless, most of my sessions are alone when my wife leaves the house. I find myself looking forward to when I know she will be gone so I can take my time and relish the experience. Yet, I am always careful not to leave any evidence that I have masturbated, and one time when she came back unexpectedly I quickly stopped what I was doing and got dressed so she would not catch me in the act.

Why do I feel the need to hide what I firmly believe is a beautiful and healthy part of life? Am I secretly ashamed of my masturbating? I don’t think I feel guilty about it, but then I don’t discuss it openly either. Do others feel this way?

2. PGA

PGA Senior Member

I think if your wife knows it, you don't feel embarrassed any more, and both of you can masturbate together. She may does masturbation, but you don't know. So it is better to tell her and even ask her to do together. If she masturbate secretly, she will happy to share it with you.

Rocket73 likes this.
  3. J H

J H Members

My wife doesn't masturbate and thinks its gross when I jack off. I don't feel guilty at all for taking care of myself since she is never in the mood anymore.

Chuck Burns likes this.
  4. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

I think as we age we get the idea in our heads that we no longer should think or act sexual. I think we are brought up thinking that way. Kind of like a child realizing their parents have sex. Blahhh, too much info. In my case I find I'm less inhibited and want to try things I never did in the past. But yet I question it because of my age. My first time at a nude beach alone I was walking the shoreline nude. I was 57. I stopped and questioned myself. Why at my age am I doing this. Am I nuts, perverted...? I came across a couple on the beach a short distance later, nude and enjoying the sands. Older than myself. I stopped to talk. I mentioned my dilemma. I found out they were in their late 70s and early 80s and still enjoy their nude time and sexual times. Age makes no difference. When we joined a nudist resort I found age is definitely not a thing. In fact our open kindness as we age can open up for some great times. I mentioned before. We are victims of social stigma

Rocket73 and bigredinmass like this.
  5. Angela36

Angela36 Members

I'm ashamed about masturbation only because it seems the more I do it the more I NEED to do it. While it definitely relieves stress, in a way for me it increases sexual frustration. You would think masturbation would decrease the need, or at least the desire, for real sex. For me it has the opposite effect. Is that just me or is that common? I can usually go a few weeks without real sex if needed, but with the amount I've been masturbating lately, I'm climbing the walls!

6. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

I think it’s a common thing for extremely horny people to desire masturbation. It’s kind of hard for me to explain what I’m trying to say. I masturbate daily and probably an hour afterward I’m thinking how it felt and the rush of the intense orgasm that I had, that I crave doing it again. It’s to the point that I just need that quick rub on my crotch no matter where I am. But all that does is make my cock start to grow and that sensation builds again. I’ve dealt with it for years and I’m sure you have also. I feel your pain. Is it a blessing or a curse! Whatever! Fuck it! It just feels wild.

Rocket73, Angela36 and bigredinmass like this.
  7. bigredinmass

bigredinmass Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Masturbation can be a great couple's activity but solo time can take you anywhere you wanna be, imagining doing what you want to do, with whomever you fantasize about doing it with. You can take your time and enjoy the sensations without worrying if your partner is getting bored. You can edge yourself silly and get lost in the bliss of it. But we all worry if our partner will get jealous or mad that we enjoy self pleasure so much. So we hide it. My gf sleeps late on weekends so I get up earlier and have so nice, intense masturbation while she sleeps. I love it. I don't cum in case she wants to fool around later. And if she does, she's gonna get a big edged up load. But out of what I feel is courtesy, I don't let her know what I was doing. It's a private thing and no harm, no foul. She always comes first to me for pleasing her, but I am fine if I have to join instead. I love masturbation and look forward to quality solo time.

8. bigredinmass

bigredinmass Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's a shame how we limit ourselves in our youth before we finally lightened up and really enjoy sex and experimentation.

PGA and Daretobare like this.
  9. Ted Prendergast

Ted Prendergast Members

I entirely understand what you feel. I am of a similar age grew up with the same negative attitudes towards sex. I realised before my first orgasm that sex and masturbation were entirely natural and healthy but the nagging doubt was still there. Now many years later I know masturbation is physically and mentally good for me, entirely normal and natural and a source of joy and wellbeing

PGA likes this.
  10. PGA

PGA Senior Member

For so many years I thought masturbation is a sin, so I had felt guilty, and I blamed myself many many times and tried more than a hundred times to stop masturbating, but I couldn't stop it. Now after those fear years I understand that I was so wrong to missed those young years by thinking in that foolish ways.

Rocket73 likes this.
  11. Rocket73

Rocket73 Senior Member

Been masturbation for 62 years, when i first started when i was 11 it felt so wonderful that i wasn't bothered if it was a sin. and still masturbate every day at least once

12. Goander

Goander Members

I m not ashamed . It is completely normal.

smape likes this.
Tags: