Seattle - Folklife Festival

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by ImmortalDissident, May 23, 2004.

1. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

So I'm just curious to see if anyone in the area will be attending? I will definately be there Friday night and Saturday from probably noon to 11pm. Monday, since there is no school, I will likely be attending all day as well.

2. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

Of course I'm going to be there! I hear that this year they're putting a lot of focus on the Horn of Africa. Should be quite interesting.

For the rest of you in the northwest-ish area that are looking for somethign to do, I highly recommend taking a gander at the festival. It's free, although donations are appreciated, whatever you can spare. Lots of food, lots of music, lots of drum circles, and a few kind folk selling brownies;) . It takes place at the Seattle Center throughout the Memorial Day weekend. I'll be the one in the tye dyed shirt and bluejeans.

3. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

yup, i think im going... exactly when is it?

4. ImmortalDissident

Man, in a tye dyed shirt and jeans, you'll stick out like a sore thumb in the crowd. haha.

And the festival is this weekend... Friday to Monday.

5. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

i'll be there:)

6. Willow-Bridget-Love

WHEE!! i think im going.. my parents are sometimes the raddest in the world, and sometimes they say things and im just like What the Fuck, But yeah!!

im gonna wear this colourly flowy skirt that used to be my mums! yay! i havent worn a skirt.. umm... since... 1998,not including that wedding i went to.

YAY!

I hope to see yall!

i especially hope ill get to see the Reggae on Monday! WHEE!

7. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

I kinda suck in person, but do any of y'all wanna try to meet up at some point? I'm rolling a joint or two for the occasion. I'll be there on Saturday afternoon as well as Monday. Who knows? I might even check it out Sunday. Anyway, PM me if ya wanna meet up for a smoke, drink, or just a laugh.

OR

You can just try to find me there. I have very curly hair, sorta like a fro when dry, but hangs down and curly when wet. I'm a bit of a fatty. I'll probably be wearing a shirt that says "Professional Flasher" on it(on saturday). Jeans with a hole in the knee. Just come up to me and ask me if I'm the monosphere.

Mono

8. Willow-Bridget-Love

yeah... maybe ill see you there... ill be wearing my blue bandana, i have kinda wavy bout shoulder length hair and ill wear my skirt and this white pheasent blouse.. yay! happifull! and my Chuck Taylors... i dont normally wear shoes, but i dont wanna get stomped.. i dont know about Folklife though, cause i almost went last year, but didnt, but most concerts my feet would be broken without shoes...

Love YALL! hope to meet people!

9. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

I was there today. The weather was kinda crappy, but good times. good tunes, good food, and my kids and i ran in the fountain!:D

10. Willow-Bridget-Love

thats awesome!

i hope ill go part of tomorow... yay, i might finish my Rainbow necklace by then... i Love Rainbows..

11. ImmortalDissident

I'll be there tonight, around 5:30 and I'll be with my 4 year old brother. I'll be wearing blue vans, jeans, a brown long sleeve undershirt and a green shirt on top that says, "control yourself, not me". My little brother is wearing blue cord overalls. You can find me for sure at the Mon Frere show on the Broad Street Lawn at 6:15.

12. Willow-Bridget-Love

grr.. i wont be able to go, my parents are being asses, fuck, and thats one of the only Reggae ill be able to see cause im not 21+... GRr.

13. ImmortalDissident

So... who saw Flow Motion?

14. Willow-Bridget-Love

OH YEAH! ill be there tomorow about 11:30 till hopefully at least nine... cause my parents are taking me and want me to have propere sleep... i havent gone to sleep before midnight....well the last time i did was.... at least 1 1/2 months ago.. maybe longer ago... but yeah!! im gonna draw rainbows and rainbow coloured shit on me!! prettyfull! i Love RAinbows! yay! i made this rainbow necklace and bracelets!! whee! i hope to see YALL!! i Love YALL!

15. Willow-Bridget-Love

my mom made me put on a bra... which was not groovy, so as soon as they let me go, I took it off and threw it away.. my mom was pissed at me later... but it was worth it...

i listened to reggae from 7 to 9 and danced, then i had to go, and i danced in a drum circle from 1:40-5:40.. man my feet hurt! but it was soo Fucking fun!
    man and like everywhere you looked people were lighting up joints and bowls..

there were a few police, but i dont think they caught anyone smoking

the air smelled or Marijuana, flowers, insence, and people.. sweet loverly smells of people smell

i dont know, but its kinda hard for me to let my soul free and dance with my soul you know.. like it took me 20 minutes of staring at the drum circle before i managed to bring up my courage and dance... but i DId!!IT WAS sooo RAD, my spirit was free and i danced...

Im the girl with heartshaped pink sunglasses.... WHEEE!! yay!

I hope everyone had a good a time as me!!

16. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

I stuck around for part of Flow Motion after watching the Paperboys perform. They were pretty good, but our party had to get going so we couldn't stick around for them to finish. We tried to go to the Mon Frere show, but they were a little too loud and abrasive for the baby. We had to move off to the side for a bit just to hear each other. Overall, not my cup o' tea.