seasonal work

Discussion in 'U.S.A.' started by Tamapoulialamafoa, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Tamapoulialamafoa

Tamapoulialamafoa Member

Hi, my name is steven and i'm from belgium, Europe.
    The thing is I'd like to do some seasonal work in the usa (or any other nice country) , but if i do this the legitimate way there is no possibillity what so ever to earn enough to even out the cost. I'd be paying to work...
    So I was wondering If any of you knew possibillities to maybe work for someone on a farm or anything else, without the whole J1 hassle and costs.
    I'd work and help out wherever i can, wouldn't have to be paid too much as long as there's some housing and food for free. And maybe just earn a little of the plain tickets and other transporation costs back.
    I really don't want to enroll in any of the so called job programs where you pay like 500 fee and then the whole insurance thing.
    Well, thanks for your time anyway.
    If you know anything, any hospitality is welcome.

2. Piper82

Piper82 Member

You could work at Yellowstone Park. I know that they work with people coming to work from outside the USA. Depending on your job, you would earn back the majority of your plane ticket. Room and board is taken out of your salary. Yellowstone is a beautiful place, so its a great opportunity. Best of luck!

3. humandraydel

humandraydel Member

hey, check out www.organicvolunteers.com

It's basically a job site where organic farmers look for people just like yourself. You'll typically get room, board, and a small stipend for 30-40 hours of work per week.

good luck,

humandraydel