Scrabble geeks....

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Adamskiffle, May 12, 2019.

1. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

.....sooooooooo, do we have many really keen scrabble players here & if so, do you play against the computer or human opponents? + What's your highest ever score (I got around 650 a few times, though I normally score in the 3-400s).

Let's here it!

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i like scrabble, but i haven't played in forever.

i don't think i've ever played against a computer before. other than occasionally helping someone out with their words with friends game, i've only ever played the actual board game version.

3. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Facebook used to be really good for scrabble......until they took away the timed rounds & basically killed it!

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

My grandparents had a scrabble board. We had one too... For some reason, my association to scrabble is more with my grandparents though... Mainly my paternal grandma.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Quone.

To Quone something.

AnAussieChef likes this.
  6. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I LOVE SCRABBLE
    I'm not particularly amazing at it..
    But there was a long gap between childhood and adulthood not playing, and I'm getting better. Luv is very good at it and he always wins, so I've got an incentive to improve.

AnAussieChef likes this.
  7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I played Scrabble as a board game when I was younger. My dad pretty much destroyed everyone in that game though, so I recall it being an interesting concept but not very enjoyable when he was playing.

More recently, I played the Words with Friends app and either due to me having a larger vocabulary now or differences between the games, that game seemed more even and fun.

8. Michael1985

Michael1985 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I play Scrabble on Facebook against folks from work, and almost always win. :D