Schwagstock

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by headymoechick, Feb 1, 2005.

1. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

Anyone going? I'm going to hit this festie right after summer camp, and just camp somewhere in the woods during the week.

Hope to see some friendly faces there!

2. DrDooblittle

DrDooblittle Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

thinking about it...... did they post the rest of the bands for summercamp yet?

3. headymoechick

not yet... mid february I beleive the (for the most part) line up will be set.

4. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

Schwagstock ROCKS!!!!!! The Schwag stage these events throughout the summer and into early fall. I've been to 3 so far. Personface and number of other people on here that go to Schwagstock are trying to arrange a Hipforums meet up there. I'll have a huge sign saying"Hipforums Meetup". Check back here for more info on the meetup.

5. headymoechick

how cool! make sure the sign is nice and big so dumbasses like me can see it!

6. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

The sign is roughly '3x'6(thats feet) so even "dumbasses";) like you HeadyMoechick, shouldn't have any trouble seeing it. I'm gonna put some glow in the dark paint on it to make it visible at night.
    I may be mistaken but I think that this Schwagstock and Summercamp are the same weekend. Camping on nonfest days/weekends is only $5 per day person. They have onsite shower and laundry facilities as well as shuttles to a nearby store and local canoeing establishments. Methinks a canoe trip is in order.....

7. GlassGuru

GlassGuru Member

Mannnn... I gotta go to this. Know anything about the rules on vending? I really don't want a booth. I hear the prices on booths have skyrocketed from a few years ago. I've got some killer jewelry that would sell like hotcakes at this event. I would like to meet up with you guys.

Matthew
    Collinsville, IL (10 miles east of St. Louis)

8. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

GlassGuru,I'm not sure about $ amounts for booth fees. The "Official" rules say no unauthorized vending.Then again the "official" rules also say no drug use or sales and no underage drinking...Heck I saw a dealer standing only 10-15 ft away from a security guy. If you don't set up in the main area(aka Shakedown Street) you may be able to get away without paying a vendor fee.

See www.theschwag.com for more details....

Any how just look for a huge*ss sign saying HipForums Meet-UP. We all need to figure something out so we can all camp near each other.

9. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I wanna go in July. I wont get to.