School Years & Friends

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by nz male, Jun 16, 2013.

1. nz male

nz male Senior Member

During your years at school, did you have many friends or were you one who preferred your own company.
    I always had friends at school that I got to sometimes associate with at weekends or after school was finished for the day.
    I had mainly male friends but did have girls I liked associating with during school time & the odd time at weekends.
    Some of my friends had the same hobbies as me & some were just buddies for mixing with.

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I always had friends but usually I had about 3-4 close friends and then a bunch of people who were friends but not super close friends that we'd hang out with. I had a bunch of diff types of friends... I was in high school a long time ago it seems.. I hung out with the skater kids and the hippies and goths and punks and also just some regular, really smart, quiet people. I was nice to everyone that wasn't a total douche- there were a lot of those people in my school too- so no I did not get along w those people but other then that, I was cool w everyone...hung out w a decent amount but was close to a few at a time.

3. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I didn't have a lot of friends. I was either a loner, or when I DID have friends, there were just a few of them. I didn't need many, anyway. If I had one friend with whom I could really bond, then I was grateful. I made many more friends after the school years, though. For some reason, I've always found it easier to communicate with girls. I only began comfortably referring to one of my newer male friends as "best friend" in 2009. He's actually the only one MALE I've ever known who I can say from the bottom of my heart is my best friend. My other best friend of 16 years is a girl, and so were my ex-best friends.

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Did you always stay just friends with these girls? (Just curious...sometimes I wonder how common that is...)

5. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

I had a few close friends and acquaintances with the rest of the people in my grade. I hung out with about 15 girls in high school. Not a huge group of friends, and only 8 or 10 close friends. I got along with everyone but didn't sleep around like most of the girls did/do. I had one serious boyfriend in junior and senior years. So, it wasn't like I was the talk of the school or anything.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I didn't go to school with any of my close friends. They went to a different high school. In school I was a good kid, I made good grades and took school seriously. Outside of school I was a little hellraiser but no one from my school really knew that about me. So I hung out with this group of goody goodies in school but we weren't really close, we didn't hang out on the weekends because I think my pot smoking and drinking would have shocked them.

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

haha^my junior and senior year I lived at various friend's houses and stayed for a while w my friend and her mom and her older brother... her older brother who was really hot and who I started dating for a bit and we would chill w him and his friends n smoke n party n stuff. anyways, fun time that was. their mom turned out to truly be insane then but that's another story...

8. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

Ive had no friends in school

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

You are a better man than most.

10. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

I was a loner who preferred my own company most of the time, though there were a few acquaintances whom I talked to on occasion.

11. wallace2112

wallace2112 Member

Why?

12. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Who, my ex-besties? Nah, not with them, lol. That's why I said EX-best friends. :p They fucked me over, and our friendships were over. I had three best friends up until a few years ago, all girls. The one who stuck by me throughout the mess was the only one out of the three I'd had romantic feelings for in the past. In fact, I'd asked her out twice at different periods over the years, and got turned down both times, lol. But we just stayed friends without feeling too awkward. You know you have a special friend when!

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i got along with pretty much everyone back in high school. but i was never fully satisfied with any particular group of friends, so my primary group changed basically every year, preventing me from ever getting super close with many people. actually, that kind of continued after high school too.

back in high school, most of my closest friends were girls too. of course, in every case i only stayed just friends with them due to their refusal to advance things.