(Scared!)Mom's in hospital

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AmericanTerrorist, Jun 3, 2013.

1. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

Good to hear :)

2. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

Take care, Trishy-poo. If it is panic - you are the best person to help, I still remember the wonderful advice you gave me about panic almost 10 years ago, now when I first began to suffer from anxiety disorder. :)

Sending good vibes your way. xxx

3. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Waiting is definitely the pitts. Hopefully you will know more today. Calm yourself in any way that works for you. I certainly have been with you many times with my parents over the years. Sending you positive energy.

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Thanks guys. :) That's good that I said something about anxiety/panic that helped you before Gloria. :)

Well, sorry just got online but my mom called me last night after getting the cat scan results and everything was normal. :)
    So, I asked her what was wrong-if they had any idea or not and she said they just said she thinks she was just exhausted for working so much in the heat and very stressed. To me stress and being over-worked in the heat seems like it could cause anxiety so I suppose that's what it was even though she didn't use that word. I told her just to rest today.
    Anyways...good news! My mom and brother both texted this morning and my brother's wife, Alexis, is now in the hospital again and this time her water has broken and they started contractions sooo... I will be an aunt again today :D

5. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Good news all-around:) I'm glad your mom is okay, and congrats on the soon-to-be new addition to the family:)

6. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Glad to reach the end of the thread as it was filled with good news. :)

I am relieved that your mom is going to be fine and super excited for you about being an aunt.

Nothing beats being an aunt because those tots like aunts. :)

7. Spectacles

All sounds good. Glad to hear that today is looking better.

8. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Thanks a lot :)

9. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Oh the baby was born a few hours ago. He's currently in the nicu w some fluid in his lungs, but I don't think it's real bad or anything.

10. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Aw! Glad you're family has things to celebrate tonight.

11. Spectacles

^^^ ditto

12. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

Really good news :2thumbsup:.

I'm happy for you and your family. All the best to your new nephew :)

13. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Thanks guys. :)
    Went in today to see Caleb (the baby)... he's healthy and doing well and very, very cute and small (funny how you tend to forget how small they were not too long ago). He's 7 lbs 12 ounces.

:)

The strangest thing was in the lobby of the hospital was some kind of traveling jewelry sale for charity and everything was $5 each and the jewelry (and some other stuff like insolated coolers, kids backpacks, etc) all was so nice and looked like they should cost $30-$70 a piece. I ended up getting a ring, a bracelet, an owl necklace, and three diff sets of necklace and earrings- all of them kinda minimalized bohemian style... basically looks like the better stuff I've seen before at the beach. so, yea, went shopping then :)

14. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I didn't read the whole thread, but it went from your mom in hospital to a baby being born. So did you get a new brother or sister?

15. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Haha... I got a new nephew yesterday :)

Yea it's been a crazy day of doctor's and hospitals. After seeing the baby today Dan ended up having to go to a doc apt b/c he had a four hr really intense cluster migraine and needed to get meds for it in the future so there was that too. But, yea, neways, everyone is fine and there's a new baby. Yep. :)

16. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Good to hear that all is fine and congratulations.

17. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

18. roamy

roamy Senior Member

great your mam is alright,that was a scary time for you.last year my mam became sick for the first time ever in her life.it started with a minor chest infection.but as she was 83 it affected worst.her potassium levells dropped an her heart rythm went crazy.like you i was so scared i'd lose her.at one point during one night her heart machine went off.i really thought this is it i'm losing her.but she fought back.we fought together an she celebrated her 84th birthday a few months ago,back in her full health again.glad all turned out so well for your mam to.may you all have her for many years ta come, an congrats on your new nephew.welcome ta the world caleb:mickey::)

19. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Oh no... I typed up a whole post and had too many smileys so tried to dlt some and lost everything I wrote. So, neways, thanks very much and for the congrats on caleb. he's adorable and my son now has another cousin- so, yayy :)

glad your mom is doing and feeling well at 84. that is great! and that def sounded scary.. sad that eventually things like that happen to everyone but I suppose that's why we should enjoy the present moment. Anyways, thanks again :)

20. roamy

roamy Senior Member

your welcome.ya,we should enjoy every moment with those we love like its our last,cos we never know when we'll seperated inta different worlds.thank you.i'm so happy for you to that you still have your mam to.alls well that ends well.an lots a fun ahead to for the little cousins.enjoy your time with all.:)