Say...what's your complex?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Hari, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

Do you see yourself as very superior, superior, same as everyone else, inferior, or very inferior?

Does it change or does it stay the same??

Has it changed over the years?

2. I've recently come to the realization that I have a definite superiority complex when it comes to men. I'm not a man-hater, per se, I just think it's impossible for one (around my age anyway) to be more intelligent than me.

I blame it on my exceptionally intelligent father and his expectations of me when it comes to intellect and education. I also blame it on the media stereotype of men as fat, lazy, and stupid (i.e. homer simpson). I kind of have issues with men in general which, due to recent events in my life, are now being made clear to me. I don't think of myself as superior to anyone else, though. Just half the world's population :D

Hey, at least I'm honest, right?

3. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Beyond average...

4. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

i am average. average in school and everything. to be honest i am happy with it.

5. strawberry fields forever, I'm sorry but I hate women like you.

6. Haha! Hate's a pretty strong word there. I don't make it obvious in real life...at least I think I don't. And I can be friends with anybody, it really just applies to those who are interested in me (and yes, despite my attitude there have been some, lol). Anyhow, it's my issue, you shouldn't take it personally.

7. Envy

Envy Member

Very inferior.

Hence my username... I'm a envious person. I don't like myself, and consider others (one more then the others, though and I'm most envious of that one. :p ) superior to me.

I used to think I was the same as others... but eventually I realized I was inferior, then last year I realized that I was so inferior to others that it's not funny.

8. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I am an inferiors that believes he is superior

9. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

growing up i always felt inferior to most, and superior to a few. now for the first time im moving into a space that is really feels equal. everyone is potential freinds and has the same potiential. im learning to neither look up to anyone nor look down on anyone. to never bow my head to anyone nor allow another to bow their head to me. i still slide back into old thinking patterns at times, that life though i suppose.

10. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

inferiority and superiority complex at the same time

i used to be very shy and reserved when a child

now things are quite different:)

11. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

i believe everyone is the same. they just choose how they appear to others

12. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

not the same. my back is hairier then yours

13. praying4peace

praying4peace Member

I dislike people who see themselves heigher then others (no offence anybody)
    i see people like this at school and in public.
    nobody is better than anyone else. we all have our flews, whatever form they come in. thats what makes us the way we are.
    it sounds cliche but love and acceptance is the key to peace. if everone considerd themselvs at an equal level would peace be an issue?

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Does everyone has a complex (of some sort)? I don't know, I'm pretty average in learning and stuff. However it would be nice to be pretty smart so I could do any profession I might want to choose, it's not an obsession or feeling of inferiority.

I'm also not sure if everyone is the same, even in essence. That's probably a good thing though, if only people didn't dislike people that pretty different then theirselves so much.

15. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I've always thought of myself as an inferior being. I really, really don't think I'm any better than the next person... In fact, most of the time I think I'm worse than the average person.

16. Freewheelin Franklin

Freewheelin Franklin Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Kneel before Zod!

17. A.B.E.

A.B.E. Member

I think we all have inferior and superior complexes because we are all very complicated beings. I feel superior to a major part of the mainstream population because I live lightly and simply, don't use up more than my share of the earths resources, and am a peaceful and kind and loving individual. So I guess I do feel superior some of the time, and then when I hurt someones feelings, make poor life choices, or exhibit some other personality or character flaw, I feel very inferior to others who seem more loving and kind, or wiser and more enlightened.

18. I am inconsistent. I can be this really off the wall zany guy at a party that provides a lot of entertainment and good times for everyone and makes everyone feel great, but I can also be a wallflower. I guess I'm just really moody and ever shifting in regards to my complex, that's my complex.

As for how I feel about my relation to everyone else...I feel superior in that I think I'm a lot more thoughtful than the average person. I feel that I constantly challenge and second guess myself while others take the "I'm right" route because it's so easy and it feels great to be strong and confident. I'm constantly working towards unraveling the truth behind everything, and I aspire to some day be able to do this with minimal interference from my ego.

I just want the truth, and to get the truth out to others. The power we have to save ourselves is overwhelming to me. The potential we have that's unrealized...I mean I could not even imagine the world community we have the ability to build one day.

But what it would take to get the truth out, the institutions, traditions, and general dogma that needs to be done away with, for our species to progress to a life sustaining world of love...I would be likely killed if I were to realize the ability to put these changes into effect. Too many very powerful people like things the way they are.

Jeez, that was a huge rant.

So yeah I do think I'm special and an exception, but everyone is. I think it's abnormal to feel negatively about yourself, to feel guilt about being born the person you are.

19. L.A.Matthews

L.A.Matthews Senior Member

Some may think I believe I'm superior, but I honestly think we're all equal.

20. madlizard

madlizard Senior Member

I don't think it's a good idea to compare yourself to others to the point of believing that you're superior or inferior. I've done it at times, and I'm sure there is no perfect person who hasn't believed at one point that they were superior or inferior to others.. but that still doesn't make it a good idea.

I guess, in general, I believe that I'm the same as everyone else to a certain extent. I do know that EVERYONE has the capability to be everything they want to be and everyone has the capability to be good and beautiful and trustworthy and downright amazing. It's just a matter of how you set your mind.

But, I still see myself as an individual mind. Not a superior individual, not an inferior individual.. but just an individual.