Saved by grace through faith, or saved by faith through grace?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by DeNuttySquirrel, Jun 9, 2018.

1. DeNuttySquirrel

DeNuttySquirrel Members

This is posted in Christianity with the assumption that Christianity is the belief that Christ died for our sins... that being said please allow me to continue.

I am a believer, that when I die I will go to heaven. What heaven is, I have no idea. Where it is, no idea either. What I do believe is that when I die, I will not have eternal anguish and gnashing of teeth. My question to hip forums is, if Jesus Christ died for our sins is it the death that saved us, or is it the belief that he died for our sins that saved us, or is it that because God loved us God will save us all and wanted to give us something to believe in, or something completely different?

juggawatta likes this.
  2. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

why do you think you are going to heaven?

3. DeNuttySquirrel

DeNuttySquirrel Members

I believe that I will be going to heaven because I have been saved by the grace of God. Not by anything I have done or earned but have been given.

4. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Peace and love in your heart is your inheritance . Even eternity is a vain concern .

5. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

I think the way Jesus lived and died saves us presently. It's a way of life and a way of thinking. To me faith is buying into and agreeing with what he taught and how he lived. Eternal life or heaven is a full flowing of life now and forever for those in harmony with him.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

France.

7. juggawatta

juggawatta Love

Yes, it's the death that saves. Yes, it's the belief that he died for you that saves. Yes, he gave people something to believe in (and live for). No, God does not save all (refer to Rev 21:8).

I can sense your goodness. When you are faithful you don't need to question or wonder. You accept that he knows you, loves you, and that you belong to him. You are required to participate in your own salvation by living out his instructions. Be repentant instead of rebellious. Pray (he wants you to consult him and communicate with him along your journey). Forgive. Study the scriptures. Preach the word, leading others to him. Rely on him. Trust him. Live in him.

Heaven is a state of being, inside and out, here and there, on earth and after death - all exactly the same as Hell is a state of being, inside and out, here and there, on earth and after death.

I'm in Hell so I know these things.

DeNuttySquirrel likes this.