Saturday Night Live

Discussion in 'TV' started by Ginge, May 15, 2004.

1. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Cripes, am I the only one who thinks SNL is awful these days? I thought it was supposed to be funny...

And it doesn't help they've sold out to the teen/tween market, and now let people like The Olsen Twins host the show. This whole season belonged to young Hollywood. Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Lindsey Lohan... Bleh.

Bring back Christopher Walken! Since all the good people left the show, I think he's the only host who could make it funny.

2. DandelionPrincess

DandelionPrincess Member

yea snl has def gone down hill...the older ones are MUCH better. :( i wish it would get good again

3. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

*sigh* I know...

And my prayers were answered, because I just saw that next week's SNL will be the best of Christopher Walken! :D

4. tom

tom Member

Gone down hill, yes...but still better than Mad TV

5. Harmony_rain

Harmony_rain Keeper of the Stars

they are suppost to be having a best of Christopher Walken Episode next week.

6. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Yes, SNL is crap these days. Every musical appearance is a rapper and not one special guest is under the age of 25. The skits have also been dumbed down for a younger audience. But like someone else said, its still better than that steaming pile of horse shit known as MAD TV.

7. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

I haven't watched MAD TV in years. Is it really that bad? It used to be funny, but then I heard all the really funny people left. As they always do.

8. Animaliberation

Animaliberation Member

I think that SNL is not at it's best. But that happens once in awhile + then they get some new people + we have to get used to them + then hopefully it gets better. I had never watched Mad tv until I saw some of the reruns on comedy central, and I like it alot. Stewart <3

9. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

mad tv is a savior compared to the new snl; jimmy fallon, or whatever the fuck his name is-- what shit. i wanna kick him the fucking face and piss on his wounds

10. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Well, Jimmy's leaving the show so there you go.

11. tom

tom Member

Unfortunately, fallon and Horatio Sanz are the only two funny ones on there, and I have a feeling that Sanz is going the way of Farley and Belushi

12. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

"Bring back Christopher Walken! Since all the good people left the show, I think he's the only host who could make it funny."

Heh, 'Stay tuned for The Continental'

Yeah, Sanz is prolly gonna be another funny, fat dead guy soon. 'Course I saw "The Best of Horatio Sanz" on SNL. Tagline was: "He's not dead, but he will be someday!"

13. galvatron

galvatron Member

seriously? snl is hardly as good as it once was, but it still makes me laugh every week....and how can you not like jimmy fallon?! he is one of the funnier males on the show & all the ladies are hilarious..

14. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

THe olsen twins episode was pretty lame, there were a few good skits in the lohan one..but i'm obsessed with her ;) <see my tribute in Love&Sex>

15. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

it does suck. bring back will ferrel and cheri oteri! morning latte! hilarious

16. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

please have some Champanya.

I loved the Continental! LOL

17. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

I have to agree with the rest of you to say that SNL isnt' what it used to be. They've had seasons where it's been up and down, but lately it's been bad. I think they need more cow bell.

Mono

18. gratefuldeadhippy

gratefuldeadhippy Member

Its ok, but it used to be really funny
    [commenting on before said things](stage directions)
    i miss will too
    yes cow bell would help
    as for sanz ,he will be dead soon but not soon enuff, (sorry for spelling)

19. user__friendly

user__friendly Member

SNL definitely doesn't have the same appeal it used to. It's sad.

20. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

I was in Heaven tonight, watching the best of Christopher Walken. I love that guy. :D