Sanctuary And Support

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by Tempestas, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Tempestas

Tempestas Members

This is the fourth place I am turning to with this... so far no reply

This is a long shot, which is why I dare only here and not yet anywhere... better suited.

Hello. I have suffered a long and difficult life despite still at a 'young' age (late 20's). My life story is one of misunderstanding, neglect and lack of a safety net.
    'Getting back on my feet' made less and less sense to me as years past by and ordeals grew greater while there's a gnawing hole from the lack of warmth and care I needed early on. Perhaps one day its worth talking in those terms, I do know how great a potential lies within me, but until I'd find this sense of home and care there's no point.
    The institutions in my country not only failed to help but often done more harm. Social services are archaic and crumbling, legal system wronged me and caused injustice and mental health services are so cold and twisted I'm terrified to guts from reffering to them.
    One thing I have for me is a Europian citizenship due to ancestral heritage. Until now I always viewed immigration as lowering my head and working hard just to pay due as a guest asking to join. But I can't really work or manage on my own with all my baggage, but that baggage now leaves me desperate for help. I must think first of my emotional and humane needs, of the lack of care and deep sense of abandonment and mistrust I developped in humankind. And I must ask for help mending all these wounds and gentle support to be all that I could be... whatever is left to salvage...
    Would there be any direction I could go to?

2. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

As silly as it might sound, if something troubles you, many tribal hippies and primitive tribes recommend studying the humor of cockroaches and chickens. In English speaking cultures that is the comedy of the likes of Groucho Marx and Oscar the Grouch or, raging egomaniacs, and that of the Three Stooges and Gonzo the Muppet, classic chicken flock humor. Other than that, I don't know what to recommend since I know almost nothing about you as an individual.

3. Tempestas

Tempestas Members

I read of Nietzche and descarte and of Helenistic stoicism and Plato's theory of forms. I delved into Taoism and explored different aspectsvand approached to zen. I learned tennents of Christianity including the essence behind practices of the catholic Opus dei. Jewish Halacha and Breslev movement and can even name a few practices of Islam.
    I learned a lot on he methods of therapy such as CBT, DBT and could explain into detail many articles of the DSM. Learned to identify the difference between various thought patterns, seperate affect from overlying diagnosis. As an exampke I could go into the alternative approach of psychotherapist Dabrowski's positive disintergration's autopsychoanalysis.

I can search philosophy as much as I like. As you can see I did.
    What I need is people... and a home. Love and support...

4. Tempestas

Tempestas Members

And yeah... there's more than that. Much more. But without this? I will find the secrets of the universe before I would find the will to go on

5. morrow

morrow Visitor

You don't say what country you now live in..It's difficult to explain anything available, as all countries are different!

Are you wanting someone to adopt you, take you in?

If so, I'm not sure if it's a reasonable request!

Are you looking for some out reach program?

Where are you living?

6. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Anyone can give anyone else support, but love is something that can only come from the heart and some of us are obviously more lovable than others, while others are obviously more capable of giving love. Again, without knowing more about you its impossible to recommend anything. Philosophy and psychology are obviously no substitute for love and, again, I have no clue what you are looking for other than love and support.

While I live in the wealthiest country in the world, for the last three years I have chosen to live on the streets and, before that, I was a hermit for five years. Money does ugly things to many people and living surrounded by wealth neither guarantees support nor makes love any easier to find. Quite the opposite, money can make love even harder to find and, for me, becoming a hermit, mastering the Tao Te Ching, and now living on the streets has proven to be the only way forward from brain damage, an abusive childhood, and abusive culture. Sometimes, we just have to find a way to pick ourselves up by our bootstraps, make love wherever we can, and move on. It sucks, I complain about it all the time, but that's life and only by accepting the reality of my situation have I finally found my own path and way forward.

7. Tempestas

Tempestas Members

I'm from Israel. I have a passport of an EU member state.
    I... I just. I had an insane life. Hard and unforgiving and without anyone truly there I had to keep pushing and tryibg when all I wanted was to just stop and fall apart. I just want my happy ending...
    I was always the kind looking for how to pay back and carry my weight but after so many years and with things getting worse and worse...

8. Tempestas

Tempestas Members

And I don't want to live on the streets! I had enough time homeless and I do not like it.

9. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

The question is, what do you actually want. A puppy can be love and support can be just talking to people online.

10. ibiza

ibiza Visitor

Get yourself over to Europe and stay there. If you knew the truth you would leave and never come back.