San Pedro

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by whiterabbit, Aug 12, 2004.

1. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Member

I'm going to be ordering 3 six inch cuttings. Is that enough to trip. Should i dry them in the oven to make the tea or just make the tea with them fresh? I'm curious and anxious, cuz i've been wanting to do mesc for quite some time. Thanx for any information.

2. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Member

anybody????

3. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Member

8 people have looked at it and no body knows

4. modestsmoker

modestsmoker Member

dont know i dont think anyone that saw it knows

5. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Member

well i found out that is enough on erowid, but to make tea does cactus have to be dry or can it be fresh?

6. the zen-man puck

the zen-man puck Member

both, or you can make a mescaline milk shake. if you make the tea be sure to use lots of lime or honey because san pedro have a bitter tastle to it.

7. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

how tall would my san pedro have to be for me to eat it.(my somehow is 11" and the width of a penny)

how do you know when a san pedro it not growing? how fast (inches) should they grow? ive had mine a month and it aint done shit. it lays dormant if mistreated, doestnt die does it. i think maybe im not taking proper care of it and it might not be growing right.

its in a windowsill and get indirect sunlight and it stays about room temp or above in a dry upstairs room. i water it every two fridays.

8. the zen-man puck

the zen-man puck Member

growing cacti takes time, by the way 3-6 inches is more than to make you trip.

9. Kitaro

Kitaro Member

I know where you got that ^^
    yeah, i'd suggest using only 2 of these cuttings. Specially if you're not that heavy, like 140-170 pounds.

10. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Member

well i weigh like 180 and my other friends fat but she's a chick and chicks usually have lower tolerance for everything even if they are fat, but if i made tea with all 3 cuttings and we drank it all would that enough to trip, i don't really have a heavy tolerance for psychedelics i haven't tripped in a long time and i've never done mesc and she's never tripped at all, so i think that would be enough.

11. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

^^^ i think you'll both trip balls but you should drink a *lil bit more than her.

some one help me with my san pedro though man. is it not growing, if not, im gonna eat the bitch! its so thin i don't even know what to do, it 11" tall and like a thick figner width.

12. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Member

just eat it and see what happens.

13. opticalpromise

opticalpromise Member

potency varies. you also need an idea of the diameter. you could feel anything from very obvious mild effects to a medium/strong san pedro trip.

if your making tea no need to dry. good tea extraction is time consuming. you need to extract by boiling at least three times and a fourth for good luck.. use some sort of press to squeeze the tea out of the plant material through some fabric filter for each extraction. use distilled water.. dont add anything to it other then cactus (no skins no spines,, everything else goes), then all tea extracts are poured into a pot and boiled very carefully to a manageable amount per dose.
    san pedro tea is more like a syrup.

14. ignignokt

ignignokt Member

why destroy the delicate balence of alkaloids with boiling?

15. khronus

khronus Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hi all, ok questions !

You know when your cactus is growing because it will have a light green growing tip. Cactus go dormant over winter monthes so dont expect to see much growth at the moment.

As for the dosage question 3 six inch cuttings should get you going, although its not going to be strong. Dont use the core of the cacti, the strongest parts are the bits just under the skin. To be honest its would be a shame to see such young cacti getting chooped! However if you are intent on using 3 live cacti the leave an inch above the roots with some green tissue and they will pup and regrow for you. A good sustainable method of harvesting.
    Various trichocereus cacti are psychoactive, you will find san pedro ( T.Pachanoi ) not as potent as peruvian torch ( t.peruvianus ) or T.Cuzoensis. Also potencies vary for many other reasons. If you chop your cacti, thank it first!

K

16. Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear Member

With San Pedro I have never had a good trip, Ive have it about ten times and the most i've had is three feet of a twenty year old cactus. That said, i normaly need about 4 times the amount of acid and twice the amount of DMT to have the same efects of other people. But for some reason I have the same amount of mushies as my friends and i works fine.
    You just need to know your body and the only way to do that is to experiment. so have fun and have a tasty drink near by!