San Pedro Cactus help please

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by kittysaya, Jun 3, 2010.

1. kittysaya

kittysaya Member

I have 2 san pedro cactus cuttings. One is 12 inches and the other is 20 inches. We are having a heck of a time de-spining the cuttings. I've looked all over trying to find the best way to de-spine them and pretty much everything just says "De-spine the cuttings." or something similar.

Any tips for de-spining and or skinning the cuttings would be greatly appreciated!

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

It takes awhile but a knife or a pair of toenail clippers works well.

In regards to skinning cut down the grooves and then pull the cactus skin up slowly the length of the cactus.

3. kittysaya

kittysaya Member

I see the prickly bastards and I've been cutting them out. It gets to the point where I don't see any pricks but there is a bunch of cottony white and brown fuzz still in the place where I cut. Should I remove these as well?

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

no that's not really necessary, how are you planning on consuming it?

5. kittysaya

kittysaya Member

" 6) freezing: The sections are placed in a freezer for several hours until thoroughly frozen.

7) grinding: The frozen sections are chopped up and ground, and the pulp filtered to collect the liquid. The pulp is ground more and filtered, adding only a little water on the second and third grindings.

8) drinking: The collected liquids are drunk as quickly as possible without gaging or regurgitating.

9) eating: The remaining solids are consumed. "

(taken from http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/mes05.htm)

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Delicious :) are you splitting it in half with someone? Also discard the core of the cactus

7. kittysaya

kittysaya Member

We got it de-spined and skinned alright. :) Thank you for your help! We decided that just one of us will trip tonight and the other will sit.

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

damn that's alot of cactus to drink.

9. kittysaya

kittysaya Member

haha well actually we made a 12 inch cutting and we're saving the rest for another trip. My boyfriend's going to trip tonight and I'm just going to chill with him and watch Lord of the Rings and drink some Bacardi raspberry. :)

10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Thats cool a 12 inch dose should be really chill and mild,

11. kittysaya

kittysaya Member

He just finished eating it. Looked pretty nasty but he got it all down. Easier than nutmeg he says and feels it's staining his teeth with a nasty texture. We'll keep you updated! How long does it take to kick in?

12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

It usually is like an 1 1/2 hrs for the first effects and peaks around hour 3. He may feel slighly sick or full at first but that's usually only a few mins and then it feels really nice like a chilled out ecstasy high. You probably won't get to many hallucinations with full lights at that dose, but dim the lights and also close your eyes at some point and it should be good.

Try whatever works.

13. kittysaya

kittysaya Member

I think he's starting to feel pretty euphoric/chill haha.

14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

How's it going?