San Pedro Advice & Opinions

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by Lc01, May 10, 2017.

1. Lc01

Lc01 Members

I will be receiving 4 12in pieces of San pedro about 3in thick, and will be sharing with 1 more person. I have not tried cactus before but used to be very experienced with other psychedelics, though now it's been over 10 yrs since my last trip. I am wanting a nice strong experience and wondering if this amount will get me there. I have been researching for a long time and understand there are many factors that effect potency etc. and no one can say for sure. But I would just like some advice and opinions on wether you think this would be enough for you and a friend or if I should acquire more and how much more? Also wanting to know what you think as far as prep for a tea wether it is better to boil or not boil? I am thinking I will use the freeze method maybe boil down later or not, still unsure about that part. I will have about a week to prepare so time is not an issue, just looking for the best method for a beginner of cactus.

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think 24 inches worth per person is a sufficient amount for a Powerful Experience. I've only sampled from San Pedro that all grow near each other and so the potency has all been fairly consistent.

I found 12 inches San Pedro to be more like a MDMA (Ecstasy) experience, where there is a euphoric inner Glow, visual tracers and a novel appreciation for various aspects of my life and surroundings but it doesnt quite have the same boundless energy and musical appreciation that I get from MDMA.

At 24 inches, San Pedro had much stronger Visual and Auditory distortions. It still remained a remarkably lucid headspace, but the trip is more enveloping. The only downside to higher doses I've experienced is on again, off again nausea but I didn't find it that bad.

Freezing the mescaline containing cacti layer is good, its up to you whether you want to boil it, it tastes foul regardless. :D

3. Lc01

Lc01 Members

So in your opinion is it easier on your stomach to drink more liquid or deal with stronger taste? If you boil it down it concentrates the flavor and makes it thicker right?

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The stomach issues I mentioned, for me, seemed more a product of the increase in mescaline dose and alkaloids rather than the method in which I consumed it.

I'd probably recommend to boil it for your first time I suppose, particularly if you are dosing with someone else. The alternative method I used was a very tedious exercise in cutting up the mescaline containing layer of cacti into small pieces and then putting it through a blender, which I didn't catch every little chunk and nor did the blender, so what I ended up consuming was a rather soupy kind of concotion, that was actually thicker with a weirder texture than the boiled tea.

With the tea, the "plant" taste is diminished and you're primarily dealing with the bitterness of it, which in theory could potentially be masked or chased with something.

5. thismoment

thismoment Member

Re GB's answer: It's gonna taste bad no matter what and there may or may not be nausea. Agree with tea method. You can easily get equal amounts with liquid.

A worthy trip.

6. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

Darn, wish I still had mine----I was going to take it down to Chaco Canyon and take it there...

(Oh well Chaco Canyon is probably swarming with tourists now----haven't been there since 1978...)

Its almost spring---maybe I will have to watch the cactus stands at Home Depot!!!