Samson and Sunset

Discussion in 'New Books' started by Reverie95, May 18, 2010.

1. Reverie95

Reverie95 Member

My grandma wrote a novel and it just got published. It's a romance novel that takes place starting in the 1960s.

Here is a description of it:
    It's 1963 in Hudson Nebraska and twenty-one year old Kathrine (Callie) Mitchell is from the wrong side of the tracks. A virgin in every sense of the word until a simple date takes a dark turn, she winds up with child. When pregnant, abandoned Kathrine meets young, wealthy rancher and legendary playboy, Shay Westover, no one is more surprised than her when sparks fly. But can Shay change his Don Juan ways when women flock to him like flies to honey? Is chemistry enough to keep two such opposites as a poor, fiery city girl and a cocksure, young rancher together? Erotic, authentic and exciting, Samson and Sunset is a one of a kind love story you won't want to put down.

Check it out if you're interested. You can get it off of the author house website and amazon and I believe it will be sold at Barnes and Noble soon.

2. Reads247

Reads247 Guest

Thanks for such a great story!!

Just dowloaded this book 3 days ago, and loved it so much. Heartwarming and romantic and just what I needed to read right now. It's great that it's available for download, because it's a very convenient way for me to read.

I loved reading a book with a real history for it's characters, that watches them grow and change and help bring out the best in eachother.

I don't know who wouldn't get caught up in all of the great dialogue this book has to offer. I found myself really rooting for these characters, laughing out loud at some moments, crying at others and then came the tears of joy.

This book is quite an accomplishment, so congrats to your Gram for an amazing job. I'd love to see this book made into a movie- and I'd certainly like to meet a cowboy like Shay.

All the best- :)

3. surreal_charm

surreal_charm Member

i know i'm going to like this book. i find these kinds of stories pretty interesting.