Salvia soon to become illegal in NY?

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by otb01, Apr 21, 2007.

1. otb01

otb01 Member

I live in NYC and was troubled when I saw these two bills on a gov't website:

"STATUS:
    A610 O'Donnell
    General Business Law
    TITLE....Prohibits the sale of salvia divinorum to persons in New York state

01/03/07 referred to economic development"

"STATUS:
    S695 FLANAGAN
    General Business Law
    TITLE....Prohibits the sale of salvia divinorum to persons in New York state

01/08/07 REFERRED TO CONSUMER PROTECTION
    02/06/07 1ST REPORT CAL.107
    02/07/07 2ND REPORT CAL.
    02/12/07 ADVANCED TO THIRD READING
    02/28/07 PASSED SENATE
    02/28/07 DELIVERED TO ASSEMBLY
    02/28/07 referred to economic development"

I notice that both have been reffered to this comittee with no developments since (in long periods of time, too). Does anyone think that this will pass? What should I do if I need salvia and this passes? Maybe I can get a mailbox outside of NY.......... -.-

2. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

I dont think salvia should be illegal...really, its just at a point where the gov't is turning the war on "drugs" into a war on personal freedoms...Salvia isnt the type of drug one can abuse...i fuckin hate it, ive done it a few times, tripped absolute balls off it, and that shit straight up scares me man. 4 bong hits of purple sticky will do that to a man. I just dont see how they can make it illegal, they shoul put restrictions on it if anything, not totally ban it.

3. otb01

otb01 Member

No offense but I didn't ask if they should ban it. I asked if from that it is looking like it will be banned.