Salvia Divinorum Question (urgent)

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by BaileyH1470, Jun 5, 2006.

1. BaileyH1470

BaileyH1470 Member

I bought a plant from KMart called salvia but it doesn't look exactly like the salvia divinorum plants I've seen pictures of. It has red blooms on it. Can divinorum be extracted from this plant or does anyone know?

2. Barbuchon

Barbuchon Member

there's a lot of salvias...

3. BaileyH1470

BaileyH1470 Member

Yeah, I'm aware. I'm asking if all salvias have divinorum in them or is it just one plant that has salvia divinorum in it? more importantly does my plant have divinorum in it.

4. mellow

mellow Eased

I answered your post in the 'hippies' section.

5. Barbuchon

Barbuchon Member

You didn't make any research about salvia, don't you? All you wanted is to get fucked up.

First, you DON'T extract "divinorum" if that's what you want to know, the salvia divinorum is the name of the species that you can consume in wich you extract Salvinorin A and Salvinorin B.

Secondly when I said there's a lot of salvia's species, it was for telling you that your KMART salvia hasn't what you call "divinorum" since it's not a salvia divinorum. So please don't tell you are aware because looks to me you don't know anything about that sacred weed and all you want is to get a trip out of it.

6. pfunk910

pfunk910 Member

Salvia is amazing. What the hell are you doing at kmart anyways?

-Mike

7. ganja fairy

ganja fairy Member

aww how cute.

seriously though, do some research. dont fuck around with herbs if you dont know what youre doing.

oh yea:
    www.erowid.org

8. BaileyH1470

BaileyH1470 Member

I've already used salvia that I bought at the local herbal store. I liked it a lot the first time, didn't like it so much the second time. So fuck you people saying I haven't researched anything blah blah blah all i want to do is get fucked up. I have no interest in using salvia again I'd just like to grow it. And when i said I'm aware, i was saying I'm aware there are different kinds of salvia, two different kinds at kmart alone. I've never claimed to be some expert I just asked a question and instead of answering it you were a complete asshole and just said there are lots of salvias.... do you think that in any way told me anything I wanted to know?

9. Barbuchon

Barbuchon Member

Oooh dear BaileyH1470... Hope you'll grow one day!

-You wanted to know if you can extract divinorum:
    I said no, since it's the name of the species
    -MORE..! YOU JUST HAD A BONUS MAN!
    I said you can't extract Salvinorin A & B from the species you have, exactly what you were looking for!
    -You just got your answers answered! SUPA FUN MAN!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO let's see

-Smoking salvia 2 times isn't research
    -Researching about salvia's species at kmart isn't research too

And for the final: WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WANT TO KNOW IF YOU CAN EXTRACT SALVINORIN A & B IF YOU JUST WANT TO GROW IT.

Thank you and have a nice day! BTW: Be less rude new time. Calling me an asshole won't change anything.

10. homeschoolmama

homeschoolmama Senior Member

Wait a minute, am I missing something? You are begging to know if there is divornum in your plant... but you don't intend to use it? Well then what does it matter whether or not it does?

Here is a list of the salvia plants I could find with red blooms:

Salvia de gradina
    Salvia elegans
    Salvia sizzler red
    Salvia summa supreme
    Salvia splendens (I find this one everywhere... I'd guess this is what you have)
    Salvia microphylla
    "Lady in Red" Salvia coccinea
    Salvia miniata
    Salvia regla
    Salvia bellaven
    Salvia splendida
    Salvia gregii
    Salvia tejana
    Salvia roemeriana
    Salvia lasiocephala
    Salvia roja
    Salvia van houtti
    Salvia confertiflora
    Salvia fulgens
    and Salvia cherry chief

Now those are JUST the red varieties of Salvia. So your asking if someone can identify your plant by color alone is a near impossibility. If you really want to get a plant for "medicinal" purposes, please please PLEASE check out an herb company. They will know & sell only what you're looking for. A good one would be http://www.richters.com or maybe http://www.horizonherbs.com Unless you want to end up dead or having your stomach pumped, this is THE safe way to choose culinary/medicinal herbs.
    love,
    mom

11. poor_old_dad

poor_old_dad Senior Member

Salvia divinorum with flowers:

Peace,
    poor_old_dad

12. woodenfrog

woodenfrog Member

We,ve sold some salvias,and salvia devinorum.I dont sell it to kids that wanna get high becouse they will just kill the plant.our plants are ment to live.Dude ,if you wanna get high why ya wasteing time with devinorum?I mean its just not good to use.Besides if you did your home work you would know there is lots of salvias.
    annyway welcom to the forrums,but you shouldnt tell folks to fuck off,we are all about sunshine here
    peace
    frog

13. poor_old_dad

Hey Frog, how's business so far this year?

Peace,
    poor_old_dad

14. Barbuchon

Barbuchon Member

not so bad, thank you for asking

15. woodenfrog

woodenfrog Member

pretty good pod nice to here from ya.the plant sale went well pretty good size crowd,our sale is only for 2 days (add in papper)but theres still plants left over at a reduced price so those are being bought the rest will go in the gardens and get harvested this fall.
    The fairry fest was good for the shop,a good turn out of fairys young and old.the butterfly laddy and worm guy were great.i think i may be raiseing a few worms here soon.
    Annyway its all small bannas tell the garlic fest.Thats when we make up the losses and pay some bills.I sold a few dozen pounds of garlic scapes though.Got all those pulled out last week.the beds are lookin well.Man,you dont realize how manny you put in tell ya have to weed it and get the scapes out and man do our hands hurt.

Hows your summer goin so far?hows the weather there this year for growing?ben alittle dry here for this week but all around ok.
    let us know how your gardens doin and take care
    frog

16. poor_old_dad

Yea, my brother and I had a little farming going on in the Ozark Mountains back in the late 70s / early 80s. Part of what we were do was raising rabbits. We had a small pasture planted with several things to feed them (clovers, vetch, other stuff), had to buy very little feed, a Pel-Freez truck would come by every two weeks & buy the live friers, paid in cash. We raised worms in the rabbit "droppings", sold them to a guy who packaged them & sold them in vending machines at local lakes. Yes, small boxs of worms from a vending machine. After the worms were done with the "droppings", what we didn't use, we bagged and sold that too.

Oh, man, I know that's right. I just did the weeding in the chives and a couple of mints, still got thyme and oragano to do. I mulch the hell out of most stuff, but for me, mulch doesn't work well for plants that spread like mint, thyme, & oragano, etc.

Spring / summer has been very good, but very dry. We've had 1 1/4 inchs rain in the last month, .85" came in about half an hour. Along with all the other things, almost every day I'm harvesting peppers, tomatos, blackberries, herbs, and other stuff, then a couple times a week delivering it to my customers. Ah, the simple life ..... yea, right.

Take care,

Peace,
    poor_old_dad