salmeterol, is it safe

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by cheese-cheese, Jan 28, 2009.

1. cheese-cheese

cheese-cheese Member

my mother has some salmeterol that goes in her inhaler, it's one of those new accuhalers actually where you push a button back like a trigger on a gum and it has a mouth piece that delivers a shot of it into your mouth (if you understand that).
    would it give me any form of high? i just wanna check out here before i do anything

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

no it does not get you high. Find something else.

It is a long acting beta-adrenoceptor agonist (LABA), usually only prescribed for severe persistent asthma following previous treatment with a short-acting beta agonist such as salbutamol and is prescribed concurrently with a corticosteroid, such as beclomethasone. The primary noticeable difference of salmeterol to salbutamol is that the duration of action lasts approximately 12 hours in comparison with 4–6 hours of salbutamol.
    When used regularly every day as prescribed, inhaled salmeterol decreases the number and severity of asthma attacks. However, like all LABA medications, it is not for use for relieving an asthma attack that has already started.
    Inhaled salmeterol works like other beta 2-agonists, causing bronchodialation by relaxing the smooth muscle in the airway so as to treat the exacerbation of asthma. The long duration of formoterol action occurs by the formoterol molecules initially diffusing into the plasma membrane of the lung cells, and then slowly being released back outside the cell where they can come into contact with the beta-2 adrenoceptors. Formoterol has been demonstrated to have a faster onset of action than salmeterol as a result of a lower lipophilicity, and has also been demonstrated to be more potent—a 12 µg dose of formoterol has been demonstrated to be equivalent to a 50 µg dose of salmeterol.

3. cheese-cheese

cheese-cheese Member

ok well i have adhd do you think if i take a whole bottle of my pills i'll get the same speed-like effect that my friends do when they take them?
    if you haven't noticed yet i'm rather inexperienced when it comes to this feild involving drugs :confused:

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

speed dont get you high it makes you speed thats not high, its confusion..
    but Im pretty frickin confused right now.. :S

5. cheese-cheese

cheese-cheese Member

ok then but the question still remains...
    will i get any form of buzz from my adhd pills if i take loads of them
    of course i'll need lots and lots of them if i want to get a high but is it still possible for me to get something from them?

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

no. taking to many will kill you.. possible heart attack ect.. sell/trade them for Marijuana..

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

... oopp,

8. cheese-cheese

cheese-cheese Member

ok then, none of my friends do weed anymore the say it's time has been and gon
    theyre all coke heads not that there's anything wrong with coke but they do coke like weekly :/
    would concertra have any street value?

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

I think so... but rly dont know what or they pay fro them.
    sorry bouts the coke heads friends, Ive had many anb a many frienbs lost to crack.

10. cheese-cheese

cheese-cheese Member

yeah yeah one of my mates is so addicted to it that he stabbed and mugged someone because he was short on money for coke.
    i don't really tak to him, i just see him in the street at nights out.
    when he's not on coke he's extremely quiet and depressed, it's a shame to see people get so addicted that they do terrible things like mugging and stabbing.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

where r you from?

12. cheese-cheese

cheese-cheese Member

nottingham and it's not really the rough part of nottingham, gregary boulevard to be exact

13. sam&ella

sam&ella Member

I'm finding your posts a bit...er, cheesey.
    :cool:

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

Uk.. oh, Im in the USA. sam&ella is in my belly, peanut butter dont you know :D

15. cheese-cheese

cheese-cheese Member

ok i don't understand a word that either of you have both just said :/
    but i laughed when you said sam&ella is in my belly.
    when i read it out in my head i thought it said;
    salmonella is in my belly. it's lame i know but i lolled

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

the usa has a recall for Peanut butter sam&ella is in it..

ps: im a squirrel cant you tell?

17. cheese-cheese

cheese-cheese Member

i understand now.
    so were you talking like we do when we do bingo calls
    e.g all the knees, 33
    or dog and bone, phone
    my fave cockney slang is britney spears, tears

18. cheese-cheese

cheese-cheese Member

also i can't be bothered to the only chemist store that i live near just to get some dxm so i'm gonna go to our local asda store
    can you see what i could buy from the pharmacy side of the store to get high for me please?
    asda is basically brittish walmart, infact walmart bought out asda about 1 year ago :/
    click on this link if you're willing to suggest a product that'd get me high :D

19. sam&ella

sam&ella Member

heh, the FDA is a bangin' on mah door...help me help me

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

:rofl:..@sam&eela..

didnt really see nothing quickly, cold and cough medcine one thats DXM with something else, I wouldnt recommend it..
    But ppl do much worse things to get high..