Safe to do alone??

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by psizzle, Aug 21, 2009.

1. psizzle

psizzle Member

Hey guys, I just purchased a gram of 10x standardized extract. I am very excited to try it, however, my designated sitter is out of town for the next month and I wouldn't really feel comfortable with anyone else watching me. I have never tried salvia before but I am hoping for a very enlightening experience. My question to you guys is, if I took a very small dose like .1 or .2 and laid down on my bed with some lotus playing quietly in the background is that safe? Would I lose control of my movements and hurt myself? I have researched salvia quite thoroughly and I think I am ready for it but idk if I should do it alone for the first time, althought I REALLY want to, for introspective reasons as well. Any feedback appreciated! dont hate

2. raz5

raz5 زینب

if you haven't done it before, i suggest you don't do it alone

3. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

.1 or .2 is a very large dose.

4. psizzle

psizzle Member

oh really? I was told that that was a small dose good for a beginner, so what dosage do you reccommend?

5. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

Well salvinorin A is active orally at 500 ug.

It would probably be more enjoyable to quid it, if you have access to fresh or dry foilage.

But on second thought, that might be alright.

6. psizzle

psizzle Member

So I tried it out. Packed like a quarter of a bowl and held in for 30... nothing. packed another, nothing. (kind of marijuana high feeling but nothing really) ended up smoking four bowls (2 quarter bowls and 2 half bowls) and on the last one I was convinced that something had gone horribly wrong. I could still think coherently and I knew I was on the drug but it felt like someone had done something to me and it was horrible, though idk wat it was. I've heard ppl say this before about sally trips but I only scratched the surface of tripping. Next time I'm gonna use a bubbler and a torch lighter, ill tell you guys how it turns out. Tonight was pretty much a dissapointment :(

7. Magical mystery tourguide

Magical mystery tourguide Senior Member

Probably because you didn't take enough for a full breakthrough, which would definitely make it more uncomfortable than a full breakthrough. You might say well I smoked four bowls, but after about 30 seconds or so your body doesn't absorb anymore of the salvinorum (however the fuck you spell it). Basically it's a waste to smoke anymore after 30 seconds. Next time try to torch as much as you can in as little time.

8. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

Try smoking out of something with more volume.

Like a bong or a steamroller.

9. unreallife

unreallife Member

I know someone who didn't hear about it or its powers and got fucked in the ass.

This guy was freakin the fuck out worst trip I've ever seen.

I mean screaming and fucking wigging out. He said his world was shrinking and disappearing before his eyes. Only 15x.... yet the same batch and 20x didnt send me far.

I think a first time salvia user should always be watched over. Just know what you are dealing with. :cheers2: & let lady sally guide you.

10. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

Salvia will tear out your jugular with her teeth,

11. psizzle

psizzle Member

So I just made a grav bong and i'm trying it out tonight, wish me luck! :)

12. vigilanteherbalist2

vigilanteherbalist2 Senior Member

i would say a bong would be better or just dip it like chewing tobacco. also, have a sitter. you might freak the fuck out the first time.

13. psizzle

psizzle Member

cool, is a sitter absolutely necessary in your opinion? I have no one who would be able to do it with me for the next month and i also want this trip to be very introspective. would you say it would be dangerous for me to smoke it alone in my room, sitting on my bed, with dim lights and quiet chill music playing? Even if I freak out it will be over in 15 mins, although i have heard it can seem like years...

14. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

You dont "dip" it like chewing tobacco.

Its called "Quidding" and it is absorbed sublingually, which is under your tongue.

15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

My first time I did some 10x alone, and I honostly didn't find it intense at all, but yeah your sense of time is all messed up. I would wait till you have a friend if possible.

16. 36fuckin5

36fuckin5 Alchemycologist

Just make sure to use a torch lighter and burn it the entire time. I've seen so many people that just couldn't get the concept of holding the lighter on it the whole time.

17. Deranger ..

Deranger .. Member

Yeh it turned me inside out on my first time, also felt like somthing had been done to me in a way like you said, like a sinister joke had been played on me ..
    This was the x 20 extract, and yeh it felt like an eternity, which is how most bad trips feel.

Id just hold on till you got a good mate sat with you, take it easy, and you might enjoy it ( somhow ) as im quite sceptical to how much you can enjoy such a fierce psyc, i think its done for other reasons rather than pleasure ..

18. Stoned Philosopher

Stoned Philosopher Member

you can definitely do it. just hit it and lay down on your bed and enjoy. thats what i did everytime i did salvia and i never once moved from the bed. i attempted to do it once in another room, not my own and i kinda bugged but when i walked over to my bed it brought this sense of security to me probably because i sleep there every night. i was then fine

19. HeadFullDMT

HeadFullDMT Member

I did my first time alone. Nothing dangerous happened but i won't do it again without a sitter. Doors here are not there in Salvia land and vice versa...

20. outthere2

outthere2 Senior Member

What do you remember about it? What convinced you to use a sitter in the future? What kind of doors were not in Salvia land?