Safe Place

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Traceroni., Mar 11, 2008.

1. Traceroni.

Traceroni. Senior Member

A friend and I were talking about it today and when you were a kid, where was your "safe place"? like if your parents were yelling or you felt sad, scared, ect. and do you have one now?

2. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I would hide within my mind.

3. Beckner420

Beckner420 troll

Outside was always good, i knew some good secluded places.

The closet too, id camp out there for a few hours.

4. praxiskepsis

praxiskepsis ha!

My safeplace has always been the sidewalk.

The anonimity of pedestria.

5. Beckner420

Beckner420 troll

did you ever get injured by recklas hop-scotchers.

6. laurenq

laurenq Member

i go for a run and dont come back for a while
    i guess the park and sometimes i just lock my door or escape out my window

7. telephone

telephone weird

I used to have this AWESOME club house that me and my friends built behind our neighborhood. I could always go there when I had nowhere else to go.

8. praxiskepsis

praxiskepsis ha!

I got injured many ways. At gun point, muggings, hit by a car. But not by hop-scotchers.

I should try it sometime.

9. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

I'd flee the house and climb in this particular maple tree in the front yard that I could see from my window.
    Come to think of it, I miss that tree. :(

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

as i child, i would usually just go out into the woods.

now, i hide inside a case of beer...

11. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

Used to run away to the forest and train tracks near my house. I actually ran away, ALOT. I had the cops called after me, alot.

12. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

When I was a kid i would go one of two places. I'd either go down to the creek by my house and there would be a meadow of tall grass and dandelions that I would hang out in and listen to the water. The other place was in our barn in the hayloftNow, here on the island, I'll go up to a place called Lion's Head that is a long, skinny piece of land that sticks out into the ocean...you can see for miles out to the ocean. I like to listen to the waves and the birds. It's a perfect place to get away and back to nature...and what's important in life.

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

out in the woods by myself. when nobody knew for sure right exactly where i actually was. everybody or a lot of people might have a general idea what direction i was headed the last time they saw me, and could maybe make and pass on an educated guess within a general area. but i knew everything within about ten to fifteen miles so well, there were zillions of places i could go and sit very still and if anyone was looking for me they could walk right by within a few feet and have no idea they were anywhere near where is was. that is because the areas were mountainous and densely forested and i could fallow critter paths and no paths, under and through dense brush leaving no more evidence of my passing then any of the other wild creatures that lived there.

=^^=
    .../\...

14. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

I didn't have a safe place, but if my family pissed me off, I'd set out to forge my own path in life. when I was 10 or 11, we were on family vacation in another country, and there was one such disagreement. so I marched off, alone, barefoot, in a strange city in a foreign country. that was an interesting day.

15. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

When I was a kid and if I ran out of my house while my parents were yelling at me or really for any reason, I'd get a certified ass-whooping...
    My safe place now, I don't really have one, if the stresses of life or what-have-you get to me, I usually go for a walk somewhere...

16. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

I didn't have a safe place as a kid. If my mom was pissed and yelled at me I would have gotten the shit beat out of me for leaving the room.

I don't have a safe place now. I usually do what I did when I was a kid...I shut down any emotions or any feelings of pain. I still function, but I'm a totally different person until I've made myself deal with whatever is bothering me.

17. newportsoft

newportsoft Member

I used to sit on the roots of a big tree which had half of its root underwater, coming sideways out of the bank in the stream by my old apartment. I've fallen asleep there many times with my head against the trunk :)

18. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

When I was little, my safe happy place was our garden. It was always full of shamrocks. I think that's why I have such a thing for shamrocks.

Now, our home is my safe place. I always feel so happy and content here, in our little world.

19. Traceroni.

Traceroni. Senior Member

I remember having a few major hiding places when I wasd little, but one place that oddly stuck was the bathroom. For some strange reason I'd spend from 5 minutes to over an hour just sitting in the tub or on the toilet when something big happened.
    Since then, I've found a new use for the bathroom, like peeing or showering on the odd day [​IMG]
    I don't really have one now, I just deal with things instead of hiding but if I just need to feel better I usually either cuddle up with Brad, or go home to mom haha

20. mitten_kitten

mitten_kitten daisymae

When I was small, I had this teddy bear that was bigger than me...I would get underneath him and sleep like that. My mom has pictures, and obviously I dressed myself too, pink socks and brown pants with a yellow shirt...:D