Sadness Is......

Discussion in 'Games and Contests' started by Moonglow181, Nov 5, 2015.

1. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

Sadness is being alone.

Moonglow181 likes this.
  2. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Three of my hybiscus plants are gone, never to come back.

I put their dead leaves, stems, and roots out in the cold.
    In a few hours they will be definitely gone.

Going to try to save the other two, but I dont feel confident.
    I'll try...

freespiritedone and Moonglow181 like this.
  3. morrow

morrow Visitor

Children painting quietly.. you turn.. only to see one splashing beautiful colours.. and you know your going to be decorating!

4. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

Sadness is witnessing too many people losing their lives to gun violence! Stop the madness!

wilsjane and morrow like this.
  5. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

REAL sadness is realising there's just one me...NOT FAIR on all you admirers who'll never meet me...[#modest]

Moonglow181 and GLENGLEN like this.
  6. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Sadness is knowing you should have said something sooner to someone who is now, no longer here to say it to.

(I lost a good friend a few years ago, he was just turning 33 and he went in for a routine surgery for his heart but died from complications. We weren't getting along then, and I wish I had said so many things that I can't ever say to him, now.)

7. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Wasted potential.

freespiritedone and scratcho like this.
  8. broony

broony Banned

Ingrown hair.

9. puggybear

REAL sadness is cooking the PERFECT Spaghetti Bolognese...and dropping it two feet before you get to the f#ck*ng table!

wilsjane likes this.
  10. puggybear

....another real sadness,is realising I'm older than my mum when she died.
    Sometimes,EVERYTHING sucks.

11. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Reading your threads makes me think that loosing a pet must surely be some of the saddest moments. Our older cat (ours were father and son) died a few months ago and I still think of the days when our son brought him home as a lost kitten and he used to climb up on top or the fridge and launch himself across the kitchen onto my shoulders when I was still half asleep eating breakfast. Even Jane, who is not a great cat lover, still misses him greeting her at the door when she gets home from work.

12. wilsjane

That happened to Jane once. Although it was more than 30 years ago, I still remember our son rushing up the stairs full of excitement and telling me, mom has just broken your dinner.

Eric! likes this.
  13. wilsjane

So full of hope, but sadly such a sad ending. Puccini had a unique art of making the audience leave the opera house in tears.

freespiritedone and Moonglow181 like this.
  14. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

LOL......Did that once with a full pan of lasagna I made once for Stan before we were married.....Slaved for two days over it, as lasagna is his favorite thing to eat, and as i was taking it out of the oven to finally serve and eat....ka plump....all over the floor........Stan scooped it all up and ate it anyway.....My floor was clean.......but I did not encourage him to do that....lol

15. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

---is the way some children and animals are treated. Also what Deidre said in post 166. We have an interesting family history and my gramma who (sort of) raised me, had answers to MANY questions that I never bothered to ask. I was too interested in my young self, I suppose. Dumb.

wilsjane likes this.
  16. wilsjane

I have never met an American who fears being shot either deliberately or accidentally here in the UK. Most are amazed that less than 5% of our police are armed and other than at airports (and a few key railway stations) armed police carry their guns locked in the trunk of the car. When a police officer was killed while guarding parliament last year, even I was surprised that he was not armed. As a result of our 14 year prison sentence for carrying a gun, few criminals would want to get locked up, even before they have committed the crime. We do have 3 million gun licences, but most are for farmers living in remote rural areas and used for vermin control. A lot of the remainder are people owning historic firearms and very few of them own ammunition.
    Something needs to be done in the US, but it will be a long and difficult process.

freespiritedone likes this.
  17. wilsjane

My mum lived until she was 98, so I still have a few years to go. LOL.

18. puggybear

Another real sadness is playing a perfect solo on your guitar,no mistakes,no buzzing,no bum notes...perfect!

...then realising you haven't put any strings on it yet. No WONDER it sounded so good...

GLENGLEN likes this.
  19. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I outlived all of my people too. Dad at 57, mom at 62, Uncle at 48, cousins at 78-(both from dementia -they each lasted a year from the 1st signs.)

20. puggybear

Yeah,it really churns your insides,scratcho-so my sympathies,mate.
    I was holding my mum as she died...kinda stays with you. No matter WHAT other things I forget,that stays.

scratcho likes this.