Ry's Karma: "But why do you want to be like those white people?"

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Rayan, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Oh you disgusting man! I was thinking of applying for Deal or No Deal. If I ever meet Noel, I'm going to give him your number, and tell him all the things you said about him....

2. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

You're not the only one.... I was thinking tis easy money!

3. lithium

lithium frogboy

We should all go on!:D

4. fountains of nay

yeah at the same time :D it would be well funny.

5. phoenix_indigo

phoenix_indigo dreadfully real

poor Rayan his karma has been hijacked by deal or no deal.

6. lithium

lithium frogboy

Heh, sorry Rayan, but where would we be if we stuck to the rules, eh? Eh? Nazi Germany, that's where! Or possibly on the UKIP forum...

7. fountains of nay

Or outside the UK HIP forum;)

8. Peace-Phoenix

You have to give them credit for their efficiency. They can delete your post before you've even thought what you want to say....

9. Rayan

Rayan Member

Now Then Peeps!

Feels like its been ages! Look at you guys, I leave for just a few days and its chaos in my thread - tsssk! ;)

Anywayz, jokes aside, I was tempted to go on Deal or No Deal - I mean, come on, theres no skill involved! I'd do better on that than I would on Mastermind haha

Phoenix, u asked me who said 'But why do you want to be like those white people?'

It was an Aunt - I just remember it coz it broke up a lot of tension in the room whilst i was getting told off for being caught with a cigarette. We all just burst out laughing, literally pissin ourselves.

So this is the second all nighter i'm pulling at Newcastle Business School - An exciting essay on the Growing Indian Economy from the liberalisation of its trade barriers. Bet your all jealous ;)

Some random information:
    What I'm listening to: More Fire Crew - Sambucca
    Where I am, 2nd floor, last computer on the end, with Jack (small white guy) and Cecil (Big black guy) [Together, we are the united nations]
    News from today: I won £20 from coming second place at karaoke in a gay bar. I sang Vibekingz Feat Maliq - She's like the wind
    New joke I heard today: What do you call a fly with no wings? A Walk

Anywayz, catch u all later!

Ry

10. Peace-Phoenix

Your essay actually sounds quite interesting. My coursework is a pain in the arse, so much to do tonight. Ah well, that's what we get for wanting to be like all those white people I guess....

11. Rayan

Rayan Member

12. lithium

lithium frogboy

On that note...

Are your parents or other members of your family observant muslims? How do they feel about the fact that you're not?

13. Rayan

Rayan Member

Hi Lithium

Both my parents are pretty lenient. (I used the work 'pretty' after innitially writing 'very' then changing it. Very would have been an overstatement). They protect and abide by the 'values' of Muslimism (my made up word) but are open to the 'homogonisation' of our cultures to an extent that doesn't threaten these values.

For example, we're not forced to pray, go to mosque, are allowed to mingle and mix with the opposite sex, stay out late, listen to music.

But we're not allowed to drink, smoke, shag around, take drugs, lie, steal etc and going to mosque / praying is 'advised'.

Its more like the ethics that Islam brings that we are asked to live by. Most of the time I have no problem with that - though there are somtimes grey areas which cause a bit of conflict. A lot of these are more because of 'what people would say' as opposed to any strict views held by my parents. Generally, I live a very liberalised life compared to other muslims, i know that much!

And there we go!

Ry

14. lithium

lithium frogboy

Which political leader from history would you want to be and why?