rusty - brown blotches on leaves.....

Discussion in 'Cannabis Outdoors' started by budblower10, May 31, 2006.

1. budblower10

budblower10 Member

hey i just checked my babies and i noticed that on 1 plant (my biggest 1) that on the top of only one leave there is a brownish / rusty blotches on them. it isnt the whole leave, but i'd say ab out half of it is covered with these rust like stains. I dont know if any1 can determine what it is by this description, but if so please let me know, or even a guess will help. if i need a pic then i will try to get one ASAP, thanks. i also noticed that some of my plant wilted up and died, i know that can be from a # of reasons thought. thanks again

2. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

Nute burn.

3. budblower10

budblower10 Member

i havent added any nutes yet...?

4. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

Some soil such as miracle grow has a lot of fertiliser in it, sometimes to much for smaller plants. Magnesium defiency can also cause brown spots maybee try adding a small amount of epsom salts.

5. budblower10

budblower10 Member

ok well i actually just made an organic fert using alfalfa. quick summary: i took a 5 gallon bucket, added water up to about 3 inches shy of the top, added 3 tablespoons of epson salt and then i took 1 cup of grinded alfalfa (powder like) and put it in a stocking. i then tied the stocking and worked the alfalfa into the 5 gallon bucket until it got a nice dark green color. i am letting it brew for 3-5 days until its ready, and i heard this is a great organic fert. i heard it from someone online and it sounds great, so maybe the epsum salt in that mix will help out. does this seem like a good natural fertilizeR? i guess i wont know until i test a plant. and i dont use MG potting soil so maybe those blotches are natural (i dont know lol) or maybe from magnesium def. like u said.

6. lizziet84

lizziet84 Member

Does that really work i am a bit skeptical? good for you if it does tho