Russian Version Of Big Bang Theory

Discussion in 'TV Comedies and Sitcoms' started by ROLLINGALONG, Feb 10, 2015.

1. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I read one of those comment things at the end of every big bang....they are only on the screen for a second and I usually freeze them and see what chuck[creator] has to whine about this week.....all the comments are also available on the web.....many are quite funny comments on chuck lorres life

anyway....just read one about the Belarussian version of the big bang theory

this is the comments on vanity card 277

CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #277

Belarus is a small, land-locked country next door to Russia, Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. According to Wikipedia, one of its major exports is cattle by-products. Which begs the question, what horrible shape are the cattle in, if all they're good for is felt hats and wallpaper paste? But Belarus does have a bustling TV production industry. One of their most recent hits is a sitcom about four nerdy scientists who live next door to a beautiful blonde waitress. The characters are named Sheldon, Leo, Hovard, Raj and Natasha, and the show is entitled, The Theorists. Each episode begins with a rapid-fire montage of images which takes us from the dawn of time to the present moment. Keeping with that theme, the montage is scored with what is probably the worst piece of recorded pop music since the dawn of time. And finally, each episode appears to be a Russian translation of a Big Bang Theory episode. When we brought this to the attention of the Warner Brothers legal department, we were told that it's next to impossible to sue for copyright infringement in Belarus because the TV production company that is ripping us off is owned and operated by the government of Belarus. Having no other recourse, I'm hoping that this vanity card will be read by the fine folks making The Theorists, and, wracked with guilt, they break down and send us some felt hats. The Kyrgyzstan version of Dharma & Greg already sent me some wallpaper paste.

this is the pilot.....they do not have permission to imitate big bang

results are horrendous lol

enjoy

http://youtu.be/o6PZjEEHOAE

4 people like this.
  2. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

lol characters have the exact same mannerisms, especially Leonard .

looks like an almost exact rip off of the real show

3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

ya the charactars all have the same back grounds etc.....penny is now natasha

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Haha fantastic :D Thanks for sharing! Yeah it doesn't look quite as good but to be honest a lot of the Big bang theory jokes are also cliché rip off jokes that just get recycled in this new setting (standard american comedy procedure it seems).
    I do like the setting and characters of the Big bang theory and even some of the jokes ;)

5. Lily89

Lily89 Members

I heard about that but actually had never seen the russian version...