Russian ties to the National Rifle Association and Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MeAgain, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Teaching yoga is a job for stay at home moms who dont really need the money but want to get out of the house on occassion

You cant expect to support a woman on that though, might wanna upgrade your career if you plan to keep your future wife out of the workforce and in the kitchen where you think she belongs

Deidre likes this.
  2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Somehow, the idea of Machinist teaching yoga classes seems incongruous. That's what I'd expect from oneadem snowflakey quiche-eating yuppie liberal San Francisco intellectuals who ain't never stalked a deer. Do the udder guyz in NRA know about this?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  3. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Machinist was a machinist. He used to work 12 hour days making precision metal alloy parts.

machinist likes this.
  4. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

The first half is how it is largely and that is unfortunate because that is a big part of what is wrong with watered down yoga. But it is not true that teaching yoga is "for" privileged stay at home moms.

Second half is not necesarily true. I came up in a blue collar self sufficient yoga teacher environment. Bottom line is I will do what I want to do, and I teach yoga.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    mcme likes this.
  5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

6. machinist

There are women in the NRA too.

They dont care im a yoga teacher.

They are way less judgemental than the "tolerant left."

7. Joboo6

Joboo6 Members

Russia has been infiltrating our country for decades. Castro was on their payroll to send so called refugees into the U.S. to get jobs in higher education, the news media and other fields that were associated with youth in order to slowly get their agenda up and running. There was a Cuban spy that was finally caught and arrested the day after 9-11. She had been here since the late 60's I believe. It never made much of a news splash because of 9-11. Look it up, she was one of the most successful spies in history. She gave up the entire agenda on the soviets and Castro to avoid the death penalty I believe. It's an interesting story. And my point is Russia and the U.S. will always be trying to affect the others politics and populace. WTF!

machinist likes this.
  8. Joboo6

Joboo6 Members

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm just giving you shit. Follow your dreams and stuff

Ugh, that watered down western yoga culture though. Yoga has always been a really private practice for me, I learned from books. I probably do have half the poses wrong because of it, but whatever. I didnt go to my first yoga class until i had been practicing for years and it all felt sort of icky.

What type of yoga do you teach?

10. machinist

A little known school that has its roots in Tibetan tradition. Its more challenging than your typical yoga. It sharpens, awakens alertness, awareness and creativity, and energizes as opposed to put you to sleep and vaguely "calm" like other yoga. Very methodical and everything is done for a specific reason with a desired effect in mind.

11. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

You're so much more enjoyable when you talk about subjects you know about. Nice to see this side of you, no shit.

Asmodean likes this.
  12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Sounds interesting, what is it called?

13. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Just a little aside, let's remember that it appears the yoga being discussed in this thread is some form of hatha yoga.
    There are several definitions or origins attributed to the word yoga but in essence all relate to practices of spiritual development.
    Hatha yoga concentrates on the use of body postures.

I've always liked Jhana, Karma, and internal Nada yoga better.

14. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

NRA bans guns during Mike Pence speech for security reasons. I thought if the president (or vp) was entitled to weapons to protect himself than any American is. What makes him so special? The NRA contradicts themselves. Where are these security protocols for schools? Should we not have all the guns possible in the room with Pence? Who know if the secret service will miss. Who knows if the secret service is a Hillary voter. You should need that gun.

The NRA said guns will be banned during a Pence speech. Parkland students see hypocrisy.

Okiefreak and McFuddy like this.
  15. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

If a school has a team of guards that provide protection to all of their students that is comparable to the protection that the Secret Service provides to the Vice President, then it probably wouldn't be necessary for other people to be armed in that school.

The problem comes from those schools that don't provide their students security comparable to what the Secret Service provides to the Vice President. In those cases it makes sense for teachers to have a rifle in the classroom.

16. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Exactly. If more guns reduce violence everyone visiting the White House should be issued a weapon upon entering the building. Preferably an AR 15.

McFuddy likes this.
  17. Kerri

Kerri Members

This is absolutely insane. A rifle in the classroom? That's what we're putting on teachers who we don't even trust to teach math and we can't afford to buy supplies for. They didn't sign up to be Rambo, they just want to teach kids. You can't expect that of teachers who have 30 children in their classroom

Meliai likes this.
  18. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

No, it's good to have guns in the classroom... maybe when the teacher goes to make photocopies, the kids can play with it.

Also, classroom management would be so easy.