Russian ties to the National Rifle Association and Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MeAgain, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Curious though, Russia doesn't want to spend money on the creation of Russian freedom. AlexanderTorshin has established a gun rights organization in Russia, but isn't interested in establishing gun rights for Russia--only in U.S. You probably know Russia has tough gun laws. Handguns, rifles and shotguns with barrels less than 500 mm (20 in) long, and firarms that shoot in bursts and have more than a 10-cartridge capacity are prohibited. So this is an opportunity for you. Take the NRA to Russia! You might be careful tho. Political activists in Russia have a way of becoming accident prone. You may think those ladders in the U.S. are dangerous, but Russian activists are remarkably prone to slip and fall out of windows and off balconies. Why just yesterday, investigative journalist Maxim Borodin died from a fall off his fifth story balcony while investigating a Russian firm that deployed mercenaries in Syria and the Ukraine And last year, Nilolai Gorokhov, lawyer for a Russian dissident, took a fall from his fourth floor balcony. In Russia, guns don't kill people, balconies kill people!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Imagine if during the Cold War the NRA or a politician were found to have a donation from the Soviets. Would that group have any members that would admit it? Probably not they are Communists without freedom. I wonder if Obama would have had the same right to be so friendly with Putin. And the news of Russia being involved with a Democratic election. I wonder if it would be nothing to them like it is now. I think the "left" media mainstream news stations would have cared the same as with Trump. Corruption is corruption to good media. Trump shows daily ineptitude and scandal so he is what is covered.

What if Obama was found to have large donations from American Muslim groups not even affiliated with terrorism. Just perhaps Muslims who wanted to be involved in politics. Some people would still say that meant he a Muslim. It's certainly ok for Christian groups to have that religious opinion and cash for Republican politicians.

Some people are more concerned with brown people in general than the interference of a foreign goverment in a political party. I think in the 1980's with Regan in a time many Republicans love they would not have tolerated their party being Russian. They would accept the evidence and distance themselves from it. Even if the Democrats had a chuckle or the people were concerned enough to not vote for them. They would not move in dangerous cult allegiance. But that is very common with both the NRA and Trump voters. If you are against them you are against the concept of "freedom".

The NRA used be about hunting and sport. The whole Second Amendment or death thing was what made my grandfather quit. It's a different origination now and the the money is in sales. Guns are a good in America like a car or TV. Lots of people don't want to own guns or are satisfied with one or a few. Zero or no buys. But some people will keep buying guns. Market to what those people say and want.

The belief that someone who not vote for him is a greater enemy than any foreign country is why the NRA and Russia are where they are now in American politics. They know no one cares because both of them have controlled the political vote for the Republican party for many years between them now. Putin still has supporters. Russia is "free" in many ways that you can buy things and maybe if you don't get too popular complain about things. One of those things is how corupt politics are how Putin will win anyway. Some Americans are comfortable with that way of life with Trump. And many of them are very comfortable with their guns as well. If we don't have Trump/Putin it will be much worse there are crazy people in my country. So I like a strong leader that keeps my country strong. He is also strong because he plays the corupt politcal system to his advantage.

America is still not Russia but it's interesting to me that for all Obama or any other president was criticized for they always had die hard supporters. But it seemed different to me. The moral and ethical lines were different and the person was just a politician. Trump is a celebrity.

stormountainman and Okiefreak like this.
  3. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Russians don’t have anything close to a 2nd amendment in their country. They can own hunting rifles only.

Maybe we should all listen to Obama’s advice when he said (about Russia):

“The 80s called, they want their foreign policy back.”

4. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Russia would be a huge new market for gun manufacturers.

5. Amerijuanican

Amerijuanican Banned

Only if the guns came with a fifth of Vodka.

Okiefreak likes this.
  6. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

LOL. His did so phenomenal with his foreign policies.

7. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I didn't see any Russians during these years. No one was passing Russian money at the rock festivals. Minimum wage was $1.15 per hour. I needed the money badly. If Russians were giving out money to Hippies, I would have gone to them...Pronto Baby!

scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  8. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

You dont understand how subversion works. Read Lunev's book. People here have already made attempts to discredit Lunev and will continue to do so, but I have read his book, and they havent.

9. machinist

You dont underatand how subversion works either obviously.

Again, sorry to burst your bubble, but your romantic vision of those times is wrong because the USSR was gleefully in favor of the US anti war movement and dumped a lot of money into stoking those flames. The return on their investment was high. Read Lunev's book.

10. machinist

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

What was the return?

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  12. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

A case of Putinka for a Smith and Wesson. Free trade.

Amerijuanican likes this.
  13. machinist

Putin could kill anybody in a meeting with a flick of his wrist. The Russians are down and dirty and make the Americans look gentlemanly in comparison.

14. machinist

Read the book. Its an easy read.

15. machinist

You trollin me again? Not my opinion. I have read Lunev's book. You just decided Lunev was less credible than the CIA when you googled it and read wikipedia. Good job.

16. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

If you think I'm trolling you report me.

17. machinist

Just noticed we can report mods. Cool. I know we cant put them on ignore. Which I dont think is right.

There was one time you were personally attacking me, but you went back and edited it out. Good call.

18. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Whatever.
    Just don't talk about modding in public as that's a no no.

stormountainman likes this.
  19. stormountainman

I think I have more college degrees than you have teeth. And my specialty is Political Science.

scratcho likes this.
  20. stormountainman

A little too easy