Russia Says It Will Arrest Openly Gay Tourists

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Wolfman's Brother, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Wishbear

Wishbear Guest

Not to be a nerd, but if you read the legislation in Russian (I'm Russian) it doesn't single homosexuals out. Its no sex talk to kids. The man sponsoring it is a homophobe so its being billed as anti-gay.

I'm an antistatist so I'm not really for any laws (ironic considering my job) but at the same time I'm also for 100% truth and the truth is that this law could prosecute heterosexuals, too.

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No sex talk to kids...Would you happen to know if that is in person/live...or does it also include media such as music, television, books, magizines, etc. ?

3. noela

noela Members

Russia is hosting the 2014 Olympic games in Sochi. What does this mean for gay athletes and spectators?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. odonII

odonII O

I'd like to read it!

5. odonII

odonII O

Are you saying picture 2 and 4 are e.g's of the police beating up homosexuals?

6. noela

noela Members

7. odonII

odonII O

It's just I knew the second picture was ...

[​IMG]

Police detain an anti-gay protester during a Gay Pride event in St. Petersburg.

The fourth one looks as if the policeman has just whacked the poor lad across the face with his truncheon...

...I think there isn't any ambiguousness about this.

[​IMG]

8. Aerianne

Utterly ridiculous to battle over something like another's relationship choice when there are so many other concerns directly touching people's own lives.

It's the government playing look what this hand is doing, not what this hand is doing.

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

maybe they should go and enjoy the competition and keep their sexual preferences to themselves and friends instead of advertising it to the masses with bull horns ?

it's kind of like the marijuana laws...sure it's illegal just about everywhere but you will usually get ignored if you're not blowing it in their faces

10. noela

noela Members

So what, they aren't allowed to hold hands? Not all homosexuals are flamboyant about their relations in public. How would you feel if you entered a country and they told you that you and your wife weren't allowed to hold hands or show any signs of affection in public? That's just ridiculous and is completely taking away a person's freedom.

Those photos I posted were from a PARADE. Of course there's gonna be people kissing everywhere, it's a Gay Pride Parade. They shouldn't be beaten down for being proud of who they are and how they were born. Straight people flatter themselves too much to think Gays only show affection to each other to bother them. They do it because it's natural. Unfortunately though people suck.

11. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I am always against those gay prides. You go be gay if you want, just don't parade. Somebody has got to pay for the parade.....

12. Aerianne

There are sponsors; and an amazing amount of the money comes directly from the participants.

[​IMG]
    http://atlantapride.org/sponsors-partners/

Myself, my daughter, and a couple of our friends will be paying for our own robes and wings; as have the other members of Angel Action Atlanta. We also will be contributing to the cost of the signs we carry. The cost of the tents, refreshments, and the literature we give out at the park afterward also comes out of our pockets.

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i would respect the laws of the country i was visiting..the same way I expect visitors to my own country to abide by our laws...if i couldnt follow their laws i would not go there :)

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

And there's also the part where there is a whole bunch of guys hotter than your boyfriend.

15. Shale

Shale ~

A good example of how dangerous bad laws can be. It invites selective law enforcement, which is basically gestapo tactics. You will usually get ignored, but let them WANT to arrest you and that joint in your pocket is a good place to start.

Remember that case in Georgia where the man was arrested because the pigs inadvertently busted into a bedroom and found two guys going at it. Michael Hardwick got arrested under Georgia's sodomy law but it was the test case that went all the way to the US Supremes and lost. He never actually spent time in jail, but a str8 guy did under the same law.

That guy was giving testimony and admitted under oath that he had oral sex with his wife. They couldn't prove the assault charge they wanted so they arrested him on sodomy and he spent 2 years in jail for a non-crime.

So, overbroad, bad laws are very dangerous. They give latitude in interpretation and whether you get arrested and imprisoned depends on if they like you or hate you.

16. odonII

odonII O

You kinda have to know what they are first, though. I don't think we will really know till it's tested. Tested more vigorously the the recent IAAF World Championships.

17. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I have yet to meet a gay guy that I find attractive :p
    Seriously, all the ones I know (not too many tbh) are so, so, so skinny.

18. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

This is indeed almost as silly as a war on certain plants. I suggest the people here look at their own home before judging others.

19. Aerianne

So it's begun. The government has asked people in Russia to turn in their gay neighbors.

He was turned in by a Russian Parliament member.

There is a video showing how his apartment was torn apart.

http://www.advocate.com/news/world-news/2013/08/28/russia-raids-gay-peoples-homes

20. noela

noela Members

Well, gay people aren't allowed to be gay. Back in the day, coloured people had to sit on the back of the bus. Still going on today, females are paid less than males.

[​IMG]

You can't help being born black. You can't help being born female. You can't help being born gay. If you were any of these things and had your freedom taken away from you, you would want to be heard too. That's why moneys involved, because those sponsors believe in their freedom of choice. I doubt Martin Luther King and his involvement with the Black Movement wouldn't of made any difference if there wasn't any money involved. Without money, Betty Friedan's book for the Feminist Movement wouldn't of been published and and her opinion would of gone unheard.

History repeats itself. Homosexuals aren't going anywhere until they get what they want.

It's called taking a stand. Sorry if y'all don't like it. <3