Rush Limbaugh Says Torture Soldiers "Just Having A Good Time!"

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by LaughinWillow, May 8, 2004.

1. LaughinWillow

LaughinWillow Member

:mad: WHAT A COMPLETE AND UTTER JACKASS!!!

http://mediamatters.org/items/200405050003
    Limbaugh on torture of Iraqis: U.S. guards were "having a good time," "blow[ing] some steam off"

Hours before President George W. Bush announced plans to address the Arab world to condemn the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by U.S. military personnel at the Abu Ghraib prison, Rush Limbaugh justified the U.S. guards' mistreatment of the Iraqis, stating that they were just "having a good time," and that their actions served as an "emotional release."

As reported by Wonkette.com, Limbaugh's comments can be found on his website. From the May 4 Rush Limbaugh Show, titled "It's Not About Us; This Is War!":

CALLER: It was like a college fraternity prank that stacked up naked men --

LIMBAUGH: Exactly. Exactly my point! This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones initiation and we're going to ruin people's lives over it and we're going to hamper our military effort, and then we are going to really hammer them because they had a good time. You know, these people are being fired at every day. I'm talking about people having a good time, these people, you ever heard of emotional release? You of heard of need to blow some steam off?

The day before, on his May 3 show, Limbaugh observed that the American troops who mistreated Iraqi prisoners of war were "babes" and that the pictures of the alleged abuse were no worse than "anything you'd see Madonna, or Britney Spears do on stage."

LIMBAUGH: And these American prisoners of war -- have you people noticed who the torturers are? Women! The babes! The babes are meting out the torture.

LIMBAUGH: You know, if you look at -- if you, really, if you look at these pictures, I mean, I don't know if it's just me, but it looks just like anything you'd see Madonna, or Britney Spears do on stage. Maybe I'm -- yeah. And get an NEA grant for something like this. I mean, this is something that you can see on stage at Lincoln Center from an NEA grant, maybe on Sex in the City -- the movie. I mean, I don't -- it's just me.

2. AreYouExperienced

AreYouExperienced American Victim

I can't believe he would say something like that. How anyone could possible try to justify this situation is beyond me. This is an appropriate way of emotional release? I wonder how Rush would feel if many of his adversaries "blew off some steam" and tortured him in a similar manner.

3. ihatehippies

ihatehippies Member

Rush Is My Hero
    Back Off Hippies

4. ihatehippies

ihatehippies Member

Hippies Are Too High To Have A Say In The Political Process So You Should All Just Go Die

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Rush Limbaugh is a hoagie-lovin', pill-popping lardass.

6. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

WTF is wrong with people? Since when has it been "a good time" to torture another person! Rush is sadistic, distrubed and overall a reprehensiable slimemold.

7. homebudz

homebudz Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Flush limpbag is nothing more then a coward.He acts like a coward and talks like a coward.He fits right in with bushit and company.They talk the talk and refuse to walk the walk when they had a chance.Gasbags all.

8. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time spent listening to what Flush Bimbaugh says.

9. Darius

Darius Member

what a fucking nazi

Didn't hitler say something along those lines while he tortured millions of jews

"Just blowing off steam"

Really makes you wonder, WHY THE FUCK ARE WE IN IRAQ!!!

Bush is just a puppet... A dumb one at that.

10. LadyComet

LadyComet Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Why would anyone justify what is being done over there? Cush Douchbaugh sucks.

11. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Rush Limbaugh... spoken like a true asshole.

12. God

God Member

ihatehippies, HOW LONG HAVE YOU WORKED FOR THE AMERICAN CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY?!?!?!?!?!?!???

13. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

that ihatehippies guy is an idiot. that rush guy should go through a nice torture session so he can let people blow off some steam. fucking nazi.

14. thespeez

thespeez Member

...from a guy who's got an ego bigger than his old self!

15. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

What? Maybe you expect him to agree with decent civilized human beings. He is like Howard Stern, he just says some bullshit so that people like you and me pay attention to him.
    He really needs to smoke some weed.

16. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

You would be surprised how much torture you can take when on a bunch of oxycontin.

17. jesuswasamonkey

jesuswasamonkey Slightly Tipsy

18. flying_squid

flying_squid Member

19. renee

renee Member

I seriously need to become President. :rolleyes:

20. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

That's shit. "Having a good time"?! So if I wanted to have a good time I could walk right up to our "president" and pee on him?

Oh, no, I can't do that. He is far more superior than those dirty little Iraqis.

(extreme usage of sarcasm there)

"All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others." Unfortunately, this quote holds true to world affairs. Que lastimo.