-Runs around and locks the doors-

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by NightRose, Apr 24, 2007.

1. NightRose

NightRose idiosynractic rose

This morning aorund 5am I was awoken rather abruptly by someone trying to get my fly screen off of my bedroom window. The first couple of seconds I was like..'dont worry about it its just the cat trying to get in..' but then I was like 'thats way to fucking loud to be the cat!!'.
    I got up petrified because it was still happening, freaking out because of the general fact that someone was trying to break in and that I was only wearing a jumper and undiesand there is a blind missing on my curtain and they could probably see through.
    I bolted over to the lightswitch, turned it on and heard them let go of the flyscreen. I sprinted to my mum and dads room and told them. We all ran outside, with my dog and our puppy. Dad with an old fassioned baseball bat in hand but whoever it was had allready fled.
    Moments later (probably coinsidence) but a four wheel drive went down the road.
    Went back inside shaking and pale as! Which is strange for me as Im quite tanned. I was so scared and I hardly ever get scared!

What strikes me as odd is that my brothers window is the easiest to get into as its got a broken fly screen and it just slides open. My sister has no fly screen and most nights they're all bunked in the lounge because its too hot to go to their own rooms so Im up in the other side of the house all alone. Why would they go for my window.. :leaving:
    People have stolen from us before (brothers yamaha bike) but I dint know why they'd try and get into the house. All three cars were there and we had a few lights on. Who ever did it was an ameture for sure.

I lock up every night, double checking all of the windows and doors to make sure that they are all locked. Lucky that.

:sigh of relief:

2. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

shit, she locks her doors.....at night.....hmmmmmm

3. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

Buy a few car batteries and wire them to all the windowframes and doorknobs for the next couple nights...whomever it was will have fun if they try again ;)

That said - odds are it was just some stupid punk. A serious burglar wouldn't have made a racket, they'd just slice the screen. So they probably won't be back.

4. NightRose

slicing the screen. thats what i would have thaught. i dont think they'll be dumb enough to try again. regardless..Im still sleeping with a bat under my bed tonight.

5. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

sounds a bit like somethign that happened to me a few nights ago. did you call the cops? best to at least file a report about it so they have it on record, can make sure they sweep past your neighbourhood during nightly patrols if they can

6. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

A bat is fine, but really I'd order a taser off a website somewhere. They're relatively cheap, won't seriously injure the person - but will put them down for the count and give you more than enough time to escape/kick the shit out of them/tie them up/etc. Also 99% of them are purse-sized...I tell all my female friends to have one, even those well versed in martial arts.

7. NightRose

yes we did but got transferred to this station that's way out of our area..
    we were going to again but unless there were a few cases they probably wouldnt have down anything anyway except sweep the streets.

8. NightRose

I'll definately look into it, cheers :)
    We acually have a hand laser that people normally use in mines to mark where they have to work. Guarenteed to blind someone instantly if you have to.

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

You might want to consider upgrading that bat for a Pump-action Remington [​IMG]

Hotwater

10. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

or be like me and yield a machete

11. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

That's like my worst nightmare.. :eek: I've had nightmares ever since I was a little kid that someone would be standing outside my window trying to break in, or even just stand there and stare inside... Just thinking about it freaks me out! You're a brave lady, I would have probably had a heartattack had I been in your shoes. :tongue:

12. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I vote for the tazer. I have one and have never used it but I feel a lot safer knowing I have it.

13. NightRose

Thanks but I was petrified. Ehehe
    But that whole survival thing takes over I guess, hey.

14. NightRose

*crouching tiger stance. comes out armed in tasers, pepper spray, nunchaku* im ready for bed :jester:

15. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

Keep a brick near by next time. If you hit a person with a brick they leave you alone. ;)

16. masterofpuppest

masterofpuppest blank

omg i think i would have shit myself

17. NightRose

i still dont like going back to my room :leaving:

18. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

While doing your best JASON Vorhees impression :H

Hotwater

19. NightRose